Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

HUGE improvement in Eaglesoft's SR20 Update

That's odd, Scott. I don't have any crashing problems when I choose Create a Flight and select the SR20. We should compare notes; maybe it's another addon or process that's causing it.

Guest Knikolaes

I have got to be blind, folks. Where is the service release at? I do not see a Cirrus Service release on their web site.Do I redownload and reinstall the entire aircraft or something?The only files in the downloads section for the SR20 are the alt sound pack, tutorial, paint kit and preview pack.<> Answered. I forgot about ES's forum. Found the instructions I needed. Yes, you do indeed redownload and reinstall the entire AC for the update :-)

Guest IanP

Yes, it's an entirely new version in the Flight1 wrapper - the fact that it had exactly the same name baffled me for a while as well! ;-)Just download the wrapper again and do it as a normal reinstall.Cheers,Ian P.

Guest Knikolaes

LOL Aye, you and I must have been writing at the same time. Got it and downloading now :-)BEAUTIFUL plane. It was just that performance and framerate issue that had me too.

>I get the CTD without anything running except FS9. It happens>when I select the aircraft from the "create a flight" page.>Why is it necessary to load one of the default aircraft prior>to the Cirrus???>>It didn't do this prior to the patch and I hope Eaglesoft>fixes this issue.>>None of my other Eaglesoft aircraft cause a CTD and the cirrus>didn't before the patched version.>>The FPS and smoothness seem better though.>>Scott :-)1) The CTD from Create a Flight menu only happens on a few machines at this point.2) We are tracking to find the common denominator so we can squash it.3) Loading complex addons AFTER first loading a default 172 flight goes back as far as I can remember.4) Meantime, just select SR20 G2 After the default 172 and have fun.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Knikolaes

K now my next question -- Performance did not improve so I must need to uninstall the other Cirrus first.I know which aircraft folders to remover before a reinstall, but what gauge files do I need to delete (to insure a completely clean reinstall)? Since I hav nothing in my start menu for doing an uninstall, I must assume I am required to remove this aircraft manually before the reinstall.

We have no way of knowing your personal setup. Delete the SR20 folder from Aircraft Folder, Reinstall, have fun.:-)If you need more personal help, email me.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Knikolaes

Found em. FYI it was the gauge filenames I was asking for but I found em. **smiles** About to give it another try and see if it made a difference.

Guest Knikolaes

WOOHOO!Deleting the old gauges and aircraft folder worked. Made a HECK of a difference. FYI for folsk with the same issue I had, I am not sure if it has to do with windows security settings or something, but the Flight1 wrapper and installer does NOT overwrite your already installed files -- at least it didnt in my case.

Correction, the installer does it's job when users have standard setup:-)Of course we never know for sure what users do:-lol

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Knikolaes

All I did was click "next" -- Guess that was my mistake LOL.Ah well, she's working now nontheless and she's a beautiful aircraft. Now that frames arent being hit I am going to have this as my addiction for the week :-)

Gald to here the positive feedback! We feel she is a joy to fly now:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png