Sign in to follow this  
DeftDriver

Master Caution flashing on approach

Hi Polizei,

Thanks for your reply, I'm fully aware of what a master caution light is for being a RW pilot (not the TBM). There is no message on the CAS. It's a glitch in the aircraft which has not existed in the earlier versions & I was asking if any of the previous posters had found out why it keeps coming on & what they did to rectify it if they were able to at all? The posts appeared to end with no offered solution apart from possible pressurization which is glitchy & comes on quite regularly whilst in climb out. The system cannot keep up with the aircraft.

The reason I called it idiotic is because there is no logical reason for it to be coming on when it is & after spending considerable time trying to get this install set up & flying somewhere near to being suitable this happens. Just frustration on my behalf.

Might try another complete uninstall & reinstall if I can't find the cause although I have spent too much time as it is trying to get this aircraft to perform anywhere near how it should. Certainly can't fly it with this flashing in your face constantly.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some G1000 mods I made a long time ago for this aircraft.  Try them and see if it is better.  The pressurization system was modified, I recall.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your reply.

I did get those from you some time ago but it seems this problem is with the latest V2 update.

If I get this thing working & don't consign it to the scrap heap I'm intending to install the GTN750 in any case. It was working quite nicely in the earlier V2 build I had however the FLC mode was not selectable. Not that it works very well in any case. Set a speed of 130Kts & it sits at 155Kts instead!

I have looked further into the master caution light problem & it appears to activate as my throttle comes out of idle either into reverse or forward. If I have idle down to around 6% the light goes out, but as soon as I move the throttle forward or into reverse it comes on again.

I have reinstalled a couple of times. This happens both in P3Dv3 & FSX-SE.

Am re downloading the latest file again & will try a new install.

Did your mods fix the pressurization problem or was that supposedly fixed with the latest update?

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I did change the pressurization system, so that the cabin altitude can change at 1500 ft/min instead of 500.. and some other minor changes which Carenado may have included in their V2 update.. do not know.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Well the new download made no difference. The light continues to come on once out of idle whilst on the ground. On take off I can turn it off by pressing the button & it will remain extinguished however lights up again as soon as revers is selected after touch down.

Will the rate of change for the pressurization system still work even if I install the GTN & disable the G1000? I was having the pressurization problem with the earlier v2 but due to the master caution issue I haven't yet flown to any height to test if this problem has been rectified with the latest version. I noticed they did fix the TOGA pitch attitude to 7.5 deg. & changed the initial VS to zero which I tend to do with most of my aircraft.

Have found the warning light occurs in both P3Dv3.4 & FSX-SE. I have the previous version in P3dV2.5 & it works fine.

Have lodged a ticket with Carenado.

Cheers, Ross

You'll have to try my GTN mod and see.

If not, I can give you something to fix it.

Bert

OK Thanks.

Have your GTN mod also. Will try it out when I get a chance.

Maybe later today.

Thanks for your help as always Bert.

Cheers, Ross

OK Thanks.

Have your GTN mod also. Will try it out when I get a chance.

Maybe later today.

Thanks for your help as always Bert.

Send me a PM with your email address requesting a new copy..

Bert

OK. Will do.

Cheers, Ross

Just checked the RW manual and except for the oil pressure there's shouldn't be anything that triggers the master caution or warning in this particular case.

Maybe when selecting reverse the oil pressure drops during the transition but in this case the caution should disappear without the pilot having to cancel it.

Btw, that's a problem with many add-ons that the master caution/warning remains on despite the fact that the cause for its illumination  isn't there anymore.  

Yes Polizei,

That is the frustrating thing about this light coming on. It should not be doing it & it has never done so before till I installed the latest update. Previous one I still have installed into P3DV2.5 as stated earlier in the thread does not exhibit this issue.

Have put a ticket into Carenado as following three installs with two different downloaded files this happens in both P3dV3.4 & FSX-SE.

Will post here if they come up with a solution.

Cheers, Ross

Just an update for those that could be having a similar problem.

Heard back from Carenado the next day which was pretty good.

They asked what flap setting I was using, I replied it didn't matter, warning came on with & without flaps.

So they asked if I would install over the top nominating as Administrator. Which I did & even uninstalled & reinstalled using same. Didn't fix the issue.

Came back to me this morning & said it would be looked into & fixed in a future update. WOW! That really helped! Spent all of five minutes of assistance. 

This was the last Carenado product I have bought & looks like it's going to remain that way.

Looks like it's back to the previous version as I only updated to try the FLC option which quite frankly is quite flawed. Regardless of which IAS I select the aircraft ignores that & flies anything from 15KIAS to 30 KIAS above the nominated speed. Even the FD if hand flying will have you doing well above the speed selected if followed. Don't know why they bothered.

Also this latest version doesn't work with my Saitek AP as well as the previous. Altitude selection knob does not work at all & selection of IAS gives a more incorrect response than by using the wheel in the VC.

In all I think they broke more than they fixed, at least for me.

Cheers, Ross

Just re-installed the TBM and this is really annoying as the only trigger seems to be the throttle movement and this just in the close vicinity of idle.

But I never get a MASTER CAUTION. What I do get is a MASTER WARNING.

Pretty bizarre Polizie!

Just out of interest, what Ng% are you showing when at idle?

I have been able to stop the light coming on when accelerating by adjusting my throttle so it idles @ 10%. Was previously 6.4%. The light only illuminates when passing through 7.3%Ng. It of course comes back on once the revs drop below 10 then rise again, even in the air & when coming out of reverse. Extremely annoying, hence my original post of "stupid". Very frustrating!

Also how are you finding the FLC? Similar to what I have seen?

Whilst I have Carenados' attention & they are mentioning an update (?) I will raise the subject of how inaccurate the mode is.

Cheers, Ross

NG 10% ?  I guess you mean torque.  Hi idle NG is 70% and Lo idle 65%

The plane is so old that I don't think that they will issue another update.

Haven't tried FLC as this mode is even in RW airliners troublesome and very inconvenient for passengers.

I like to FLY so I never even use the FMC in any sim.

It's strange to see that 90% of the users complain about the GPS, DCT, FLC etc functions thereby forgetting that this is a FLIGHT sim :wink: