Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing the English-US Language Pack and Speech on Win 10

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I do not believe these will work with pilot2atc as there are no sapi5 voices offered only with their textspeaker product. Pilot2atc requires sapi5 voices.

i have no purchased any of these.

Thanks JeB. I've now downloaded a couple of the IVONA demos from the above site and they install as normal SAPI5 voices. The licensing certainly looks to me like you can buy the IVONA and AT&T SAPI voices separate to the speachapp offered by DeskShare or you could choose a bundle if you wish.

Yes, now if they will stop crashing pilot2atc.  I do have some good news.  I am presently flying with 8 ivona voices loaded and active on pilot2atc.  The vendor Nextup and Readspeaker are investigating the problems.

The best success I had was making sure that ivona voice is not setup for Windows speech recognition and text to speech.  It seemed to cause a conflict.

There is a big change coming to pilot2atc that will be announced by Dave that may address other issues as well.  Stay tuned for this.

I am positive that the problems with Ivona are being addressed and I intend on purchasing some more.  Need another day of stability though and of course some more money! :biggrin:

Have a great flight.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

On my side I'm using AT&T voices flawlessly since a long time (W7 and W10).

Their quality maybe lower than Ivona's, but as I deliberately downgrade the sounds to be closer to the real ATC feeling, it's not a problem at all :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing.  Will have to give them a closer look.

I am so pleased with current progress with Ivona that I purchased a few more to take advantage of the code 'CYBERMON20'.  I had 8 ivona loaded and today will be 12.  If pilot2atc is stopping or crashing and  you have ATC Chatter files try disabling them to see if your experience improves.