Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Anyone have PFE ATC?

Ok, I think it is missing from the demo, and the two people that answered my question on the forum, probably haven't used the demo in ages and possibly forgot.Anyway, I decided to order the software anyway, so hopefully it will work with the full version. 

Got a reply this morning from David March. The demo does not have that ai chatter selection box, but it is on by default. I finally heard some ai chatter last night, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I posted on their forum and they said to check the box that allows chatter in the settings 2 menu , but in that menu in the demo there is no such box......  ????

Does anyone know if the demo version blocks AI atc chatter? I tried the demo today, and it works well, but no AI chatter.   

So that anyone else can see on this thread, your posts were answered on the PF3 forum. For the demo version there is no "Use ATC Chatter" checkbox as in the demo ATC chatter is fully enabled by default. That said the number of voices in the demo is limited. You don't get to experience all 119 voices.

Does PF3 have all the control centers named and voiced now?  I remember the previous version didn't have center names or calls from most of Oceania and Asia. You would just get passed off to "Center" and stay there until decent.  Not very realistic.  Is that still the case? 

Nick Running

Does PF3 have all the control centers named and voiced now?  I remember the previous version didn't have center names or calls from most of Oceania and Asia. You would just get passed off to "Center" and stay there until decent.  Not very realistic.  Is that still the case? 

I have just done a couple of short flights so far, and once I am turned over to center, I am told to resume own navigation until contacting approach. Not sure about how it would be in a long flight, since most of my flying now is about 100 miles from one small airport to another in SEL aircraft. This program does have some really nice features, and the voices in the real program are 1,000 times better than the voices in the free demo. It sounds very realistic, and it does feel like a real ATC experience. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

No, it has most european and American centers.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I have just done a couple of short flights so far, and once I am turned over to center, I am told to resume own navigation until contacting approach.

Uncheck the "STARs Active" option in the SID/STAR page and you'll get vectors.  With STARs Active enabled, the assumption is you're flying a filed/cleared route right to the approach...if there's a STAR enumerated for the airport/runway in use (you do that on the SID/STAR page) then the route should include the STAR.  If not, then the assumption is that you're filed to an IAF where you'll fly the entire procedure.  At least that's how I understand it.  Frankly, it's not well explained, and the terminology in use is nonstandard and somewhat unclear.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Uncheck the "STARs Active" option in the SID/STAR page and you'll get vectors.  With STARs Active enabled, the assumption is you're flying a filed/cleared route right to the approach...if there's a STAR enumerated for the airport/runway in use (you do that on the SID/STAR page) then the route should include the STAR.  If not, then the assumption is that you're filed to an IAF where you'll fly the entire procedure.  At least that's how I understand it.  Frankly, it's not well explained, and the terminology in use is nonstandard and somewhat unclear.

Regards

I have just unchecked that for now and always get vectors to the FAF. 

I have just unchecked that for now and always get vectors to the FAF. 

It does depend on where you are flying whether you should check or uncheck SIDs and STARs. Mostly in ICAO non FAA that is, you will be expected to fly SIDS and STARs. 'Tis true that on occasion real ATC might vector you off the SID or STAR for traffic reasons. So as a pilot in real life you must be prepared for both. That said the concept of flying a SID or STAR is to relieve pressure on both the ATC and the aircrew. As aircrew you are not going to be constantly disturbed during the final let down and ATC know that you will be funnelled to the FAP in an orderly manner.

SIDs and STARs are published procedures and therefore take priority unless ATC direct you otherwise. So that means the aircrew knowing how to fly them and report to ATC at the appropriate point is a given.

Bear in mind when you do practise them in PF3 that you need to add the SIDs STAR name to the runway. Once done ids done so next time you fly that flightplan you won't need to make any adjustments. Also bear in mind that some programmes like PFPC will often asign incorrect SIDs and STARs so it is important that you read the relevant charts and make any necessary changes.

You'll find PF3 a very flexible programme that also doesn't "nag" you so much as others do!