Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Anyone have PFE ATC?

Got the demo but a bit lost. I cannot see a way to work this in P3D. I set up the flight plan in P3D and in PFE and connect to P3D but I can sit there for an hour and nothing happens. How do you start the program?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hit 0 (zero) to bring up the window with the menu.

I saw that in the key setup and tried but nothing happened.

Hi,

You in full screen mode, maybe the window is open under flightsim. I had that issue once or twice while installing a few items, dropping into windowed mode solved the issue.

Do you mean PF3 (versus the old PFE)?

You have to have the freq set correctly in your radio for things to get moving...the PF3 display program will display ATIS/Clnc delivery/Gnd etc for the airport you're at.

Also, there can always be the issue of which program gets to the keys first if multiple programs use them...for example, if the 0 key is used in the PMDG keyboard commands it might grab that key and not pass it through.

Regards

Paul i been testing PF3 demo for a week now. Its one of those apps that you really have to read the manual to get a hang of it and read there forum. I printed the keyboard commands and have a addon from Pf3 loaded on a server computer that shows what commands can be sent and the freqs. So far I like it and I've gotten the hang of it. I was lost because i skip the manual.

Thanks but I found out on my system it cuts my fps in half so decided against it.

Does anyone know if the demo version blocks AI atc chatter? I tried the demo today, and it works well, but no AI chatter.   

I think it might...and it restricts the ATC to one french-accented controller, IIRC.

Regards

I think it might...and it restricts the ATC to one french-accented controller, IIRC.

Regards

I posted on their forum and they said to check the box that allows chatter in the settings 2 menu , but in that menu in the demo there is no such box......  ????

I posted on their forum and they said to check the box that allows chatter in the settings 2 menu , but in that menu in the demo there is no such box......  ????

Ther is no such box in PF3, there is in PFE(the older) program though. So, I think you were given the wrong advice.

As for not hearing AI chatter, it is strange. There must be something preventing it from happening. My advice is to wait until you get an answer from the developer. They usually ask you to send a log to figure out the problem.

Ther is no such box in PF3, there is in PFE(the older) program though. So, I think you were given the wrong advice.

As for not hearing AI chatter, it is strange. There must be something preventing it from happening. My advice is to wait until you get an answer from the developer. They usually ask you to send a log to figure out the problem.

OK, I have PF3 demo , didn't notice the title of this thread. Two different people on their forum told me to make sure i checked that check box for Ai chatter.... That is the only thing stopping me from buying it, because without some background chatter, that would be a deal breaker. Other than that, seems like a nice program. 

Ah, but there is.  In PF3, Options Menu #2, select Advanced options and .ini file tweaks, and "Use ATC Chatter" is the last option in the Misc section on the right lower part of the page.  It may be missing from the demo...not sure about that.

Regards

Ah, but there is.  In PF3, Options Menu #2, select Advanced options and .ini file tweaks, and "Use ATC Chatter" is the last option in the Misc section on the right lower part of the page.  It may be missing from the demo...not sure about that.

Regards

Ok, I think it is missing from the demo, and the two people that answered my question on the forum, probably haven't used the demo in ages and possibly forgot.Anyway, I decided to order the software anyway, so hopefully it will work with the full version. 

Regards

Sorry, my bad. It seems it has been moved to another menu in the new program.

Regrds

Ok, I think it is missing from the demo, and the two people that answered my question on the forum, probably haven't used the demo in ages and possibly forgot.Anyway, I decided to order the software anyway, so hopefully it will work with the full version. 

Got a reply this morning from David March. The demo does not have that ai chatter selection box, but it is on by default. I finally heard some ai chatter last night, 

Does anyone know if the demo version blocks AI atc chatter? I tried the demo today, and it works well, but no AI chatter.   

So that anyone else can see on this thread, your posts were answered on the PF3 forum. For the demo version there is no "Use ATC Chatter" checkbox as in the demo ATC chatter is fully enabled by default. That said the number of voices in the demo is limited. You don't get to experience all 119 voices.

Does PF3 have all the control centers named and voiced now?  I remember the previous version didn't have center names or calls from most of Oceania and Asia. You would just get passed off to "Center" and stay there until decent.  Not very realistic.  Is that still the case? 

Does PF3 have all the control centers named and voiced now?  I remember the previous version didn't have center names or calls from most of Oceania and Asia. You would just get passed off to "Center" and stay there until decent.  Not very realistic.  Is that still the case? 

I have just done a couple of short flights so far, and once I am turned over to center, I am told to resume own navigation until contacting approach. Not sure about how it would be in a long flight, since most of my flying now is about 100 miles from one small airport to another in SEL aircraft. This program does have some really nice features, and the voices in the real program are 1,000 times better than the voices in the free demo. It sounds very realistic, and it does feel like a real ATC experience. 

No, it has most european and American centers.

I have just done a couple of short flights so far, and once I am turned over to center, I am told to resume own navigation until contacting approach.

Uncheck the "STARs Active" option in the SID/STAR page and you'll get vectors.  With STARs Active enabled, the assumption is you're flying a filed/cleared route right to the approach...if there's a STAR enumerated for the airport/runway in use (you do that on the SID/STAR page) then the route should include the STAR.  If not, then the assumption is that you're filed to an IAF where you'll fly the entire procedure.  At least that's how I understand it.  Frankly, it's not well explained, and the terminology in use is nonstandard and somewhat unclear.

Regards

Uncheck the "STARs Active" option in the SID/STAR page and you'll get vectors.  With STARs Active enabled, the assumption is you're flying a filed/cleared route right to the approach...if there's a STAR enumerated for the airport/runway in use (you do that on the SID/STAR page) then the route should include the STAR.  If not, then the assumption is that you're filed to an IAF where you'll fly the entire procedure.  At least that's how I understand it.  Frankly, it's not well explained, and the terminology in use is nonstandard and somewhat unclear.

Regards

I have just unchecked that for now and always get vectors to the FAF. 

I have just unchecked that for now and always get vectors to the FAF. 

It does depend on where you are flying whether you should check or uncheck SIDs and STARs. Mostly in ICAO non FAA that is, you will be expected to fly SIDS and STARs. 'Tis true that on occasion real ATC might vector you off the SID or STAR for traffic reasons. So as a pilot in real life you must be prepared for both. That said the concept of flying a SID or STAR is to relieve pressure on both the ATC and the aircrew. As aircrew you are not going to be constantly disturbed during the final let down and ATC know that you will be funnelled to the FAP in an orderly manner.

SIDs and STARs are published procedures and therefore take priority unless ATC direct you otherwise. So that means the aircrew knowing how to fly them and report to ATC at the appropriate point is a given.

Bear in mind when you do practise them in PF3 that you need to add the SIDs STAR name to the runway. Once done ids done so next time you fly that flightplan you won't need to make any adjustments. Also bear in mind that some programmes like PFPC will often asign incorrect SIDs and STARs so it is important that you read the relevant charts and make any necessary changes.

You'll find PF3 a very flexible programme that also doesn't "nag" you so much as others do!