Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Fatal Error When Select DX10 Preview

I've been thinking about going to DX10 but after selecting it and restarting the sim, I get a Fatal Error with the faulting module name of FSUI.dll. Using Win 10/64.  Anyone know how I can correct this because I want to be sure I can use it before I purchase Steve's DX10 Fixer.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jim

I did a google search and came up with enough info to suggest you have a lot of company. But, the answer may be here, especially the response in the top link, which suggests, among other things, a complete reinstall of fsx, but some other things to try short of that....hope some of this helps....btw, I do not think any of these links have anything to do with W10, which might be a horse of another color.

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=fsui.dll%20fsx%20crash

Sherm

One thing I didn't mention is that when I unselect DX Preview and go back to DX9 all is good.  No crashes.  Not sure what selecting DX10 has to do with it.

Jim

I've been thinking about going to DX10 but after selecting it and restarting the sim, I get a Fatal Error with the faulting module name of FSUI.dll. Using Win 10/64.  Anyone know how I can correct this because I want to be sure I can use it before I purchase Steve's DX10 Fixer.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jim

If you have the ENB Series or SweetFX hack installed, this could be the cause.  DX10 has issues with those hacks.  DX9 does not.

There is no known solution that works for everyone.  Some have found that recent security updates to Windows or Windows Updates have caused the problem.  They uninstall them and everything works again. 

If it happened when you start up FSX, there could be an incompatible module being loaded in the dll.xml.  You can move the dll.xml and exe.xml to a temporary folder, restart FSX and see if this fixes the problem.  If not, move the dll.xml and exe.xml back.

Some have fixed this problem by moving their fsx.cfg to a temporary folder and restarting FSX.  FSX.cfg will be rebuilt.  You may have a tweak or other corrupted setting in the fsx.cfg.  Happens frequently.

Hope this helps.  If not, try some of the suggestions in the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I have neither the ENB series nor the SweetFS hack installed so that's not it.  I'll try your other suggestions and see what happens.  Thanks.

Jim