Sign in to follow this  
Bruce53

Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0

I have a couple of observations that I hope will be helpful to the ongoing discussion about this excellent new addon.

a. I am currently trying to find a scenery that is causing CTD issues whenever I choose to fly almost anywhere in Europe. Having disabled ALL Europe addons including UTE, I then activated Mega Airport Frankfurt V2 as my first "trial" in the tedious process of finding out which one is the culprit. Oddly, I had no frame rate problems at all and I have MASSIVE amounts of AI traffic. Most sliders to the right except autogen (dense) and scenery complexity (very dense). Makes me wonder if the FPS issues some have had with this scenery might be related to something else in the vicinity??? Just a thought...

b. I want to respond to the person who posted their objection to developers releasing "upgraded" versions of their previous sceneries and "making us pay twice for them." What I have noticed with this scenery is that it is definitely NOT a mere "upgrade" of the previous scenery. It is a state-of-the-art addon which doesn't seem to use much, if any, of the previous scenery. And the price is ridiculously low - I bought it (not on sale) for 10 Euros or about $12. For a MAJOR European airport? And a new scenery for FS9? If that isn't a "fair deal" I can't imagine what is...

I think this scenery has not received as much recognition from the FS9 community that it deserves. IMO, it is SUPERB and worth every cent I spent on it. Please guys - don't be put off by some of the negative opinions. I totally respect the individuals who posted those opinions and I'm not wanting to start a feud here - but on this occasion, I think they may not be entirely fair. This addon deserves our support

Cheers

Ian

• Upvote 1

And the price is ridiculously low - I bought it (not on sale) for 10 Euros or about $12. For a MAJOR European airport? And a new scenery for FS9? If that isn't a "fair deal" I can't imagine what is...

Could not agree more!

IMO, it is SUPERB and worth every cent I spent on it.

I completely agree.  This is a superb scenery!

Greg

Couldn't agree more with kiwiflyer45, the scenery is top notch! Bought it on release, payed more than kiwiflyer and still think it is worth every cent!

Yep, great scenery and no frame rate problems even with Active Sky and loads of AI.

Peter Schluter

Oddly, I had no frame rate problems at all

Ian,

thanks for your great post. Indeed I have critiziced some FPS issues with shadows on. Do you have shadows switched on (just out of interest)?

However, it seems that I failed to emphasize what huge progress this scenery is compared with v1. A complete new and state-of-the-art scenery. Definitely a waypoint on my next round-the-world flight.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Interestingly, on a flight from Munich, my sim paused, stuttered and then hung itself at DME 10 on the approach to EDDF.

Stepping out of the frozen state, (killing Active Sky/FRAPS/TrackIR etc) I found an out of memory error notification, which as we know in FS9, is not a memory issue at all.

It may be a one-off... I'll try to duplicate this without 101 other apps running in the background. 

I do have shadows turned on Harald but don't forget that my comments were based on flying in there with NO other scenery addons enabled. Now that I've got them all restored (and the sim working perfectly again!) I did have a stutter or two when I tried it again, though they were momentary and in general it stayed at the steady 24 fps I have it set for.

I'm not surprised that such a complex scenery might cause some problems for some setups. We all know that what works for one person doesn't always work for another. But my experience of this wonderful addon has been absolutely perfect so far.

WingZ - my good friend, I will now have to fly from Munich to Frankfurt to see if I'm going to eat my words! LOL My experience up to now has mostly been confined to gaping open-mouthed at the scenery from the R22 and doing a local flight with the iFly 737

Cheers

Ian

Just done a test flight from Baku UBBB to Frankfurt EDDF. I has zero problems. I find the scenery to be excellent.

fsscr039_zpshcifhbrw.jpg

fsscr051_zpsktpcumsc.jpg

fsscr059_zpsb4btvzsh.jpg

• Upvote 2

Aah... Silkway!

Happily I can report no further drama with the scenery.

I always troubleshoot by changing as many things, all at once, as cause me irritation.

Grown IT people have been reduced to tears by this approach.

However: if it works, it's fixed. :)

Aah... Silkway!

With silky smooth gauges. I was in virtual heaven.  :wub:  Soooooo much easier to fly than a helicopter!  :lol:

Just done a test flight from Baku UBBB to Frankfurt EDDF. I has zero problems. I find the scenery to be excellent.

fsscr039_zpshcifhbrw.jpg

fsscr051_zpsktpcumsc.jpg

fsscr059_zpsb4btvzsh.jpg

Lovely Il-76. Which one is that? I'd love to have that paintjob ...

Lovely Il-76. Which one is that? I'd love to have that paintjob ...

I beta tested this lovely IL-76TD-90VD model over 4 years ago. I do not know why it never got released.

I hear on the grapevine that someone is getting the model ready for release but I'll believe that when I see it.

I did make a Silk Way paint for the IL-76TD model with the Soloviev D-30KP engines.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=il76_azq.zip&Author=&CatID=

edit* If the 90VD model gets released I will release my paint.

edit** I see what you mean now...the  IL-76TD model needs the new livery. I'll see what I can do.

http://www.silkwayairlines.com/index.php/our-fleet