Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

Why is UT2 not working for me now?

I foolishly allowed FSX-SE to install to C:\ on my recent new system - that 250GB SSD became almost full (92%) so I have created a link (cmd menu in W10) and transferred ALL the FSX contents to a 1TB drive D:\.

Everything is working 100% - except for UT2 confused.png

On the FSX-SE startup screen I am not presented with the "Ultimate Traffic initialised" sound file and a permissions request.

I have uninstalled UT2 several times now and each time reinstalled (boxed DVD version) UT2 to the D:\FSX\Flight One Software\UT2 - run the setup as administrator - run the configurator and set the calendar etc, etc...even run the gamut of the utii.dll "quarantined" etc.

What I find is that having uninstalled and reinstalled I am never asked for the serial number.
I guess there is something still lurking in the registry.

I have since run the uninstall through "Revo Uninstaller" which then identifies remnants of files hiding in the system which I then remove ~~~ still can't make UT2 show me any traffic and as stated above, on the FSX-SE startup screen I am not presented with the "Ultimate Traffic initialised" sound file - checked in the config sequence.

Some general assistance would be appreciated - especially with regard to any registry entries.
The registry is somewhere I would not venture under normal circumstances - especially as I'm not sure where I should be looking and what I should be looking for...

Other than that - the "link" has given frame rates a massive boost and is running at 120+ with only a drop to 60+ at Heathrow Xtreme...cool.png

I have used UT since its inception then UT2 ~~~ really, really desperate to have it back ~~~ otherwise I might have to resort to FSX default traffic mad.png

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

60+ frames per second at UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme?? Are you running any AI planes? What detail levels are you using?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Everything is working 100% - except for UT2

This  is  a known issues   do a search on it,  answer is  that your av or  malware program has  quantine  the ddl  of  ut2,  you need  to restore  it  back  and  than exclude  the ut2  folder   from scanning  it

60+ frames per second at UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme?? Are you running any AI planes? What detail levels are you using?

most likely  running the trike  with no addon weather  engine  clear  sky, no a1   and details  to mins :Hmmmph:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sorted ~~~ reply from another forum ~~~ the UT2 XML file was still pointing to C:\~~Steam instead of D:\FSX...I knew it had to bwe something simple - just not that simple :)

For your info ~~~ all sliders at MAX except for Water at low 2x...

Now that UT2 is enabled the frames have dipped a bit but still 30+ at EGLL...ASNext and FSCommander running and all across three video outlets.

But thanks for your input...

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.