Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

3D Food Printing!

I may have to buy one of these and market a line of edible aircraft, perhaps shaped from mashed potatoes...

Barcelona now Europe's 3D printing hub

3D printing is all the rage in Barcelona. The Natural Machines company has made a business out of printing food, while at the Fab Cafe customers can even print themselves in miniature form.

http://www.dw.com/en/barcelona-now-europes-3d-printing-hub/av-19295165

On a more aviation related development, General Electric said it will pay $1.4 billion for two companies, one in Sweden and one in Germany, that use 3D printing to manufacture machine parts. GE said Arcam and SLM Solutions Group will be incorporated into its aviation division, which is working on a propjet engine built almost entirely from 3D-printed components.

http://www.dw.com/en/ge-buys-two-european-3d-printing-companies/a-19529541

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We are almost at Replicator Technology, not quite the same but at least this is a start

Matthew Kane

We are almost at Replicator Technology, not quite the same but at least this is a start

Ha !

Beam me up, Fr Bill

(..bbut please do not eat me) :Nail Biting:

Regards

..another Bill

Well, the idea of "3D printing food" might come close were it able to just take raw protein and whatever else needed to "print" a potato, carrot, or a ribeye steak. Unfortunately, it really only "prints" stuff like mashed potatoes in fancy forms such as shown in the demo video.

On the other hand and being quite serious, I imagine that one could probably make a living using a "3D food printer" to market specialty items such as a customer's scanned head in chocolate, wax, or even mashed potatoes! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On the other hand and being quite serious, I imagine that one could probably make a living using a "3D food printer" to market specialty items such as a customer's scanned head in chocolate, wax, or even mashed potatoes! :LMAO:

I agree, chocolate or icing maybe a bigger seller and you could make anything the customer requests

Matthew Kane

sounds good to me,given time i see, eggs,bacon,toms, mushrooms and toast,this sounds just what I need