Sign in to follow this  
Walter Almaraz

Discussion: Updating Prepar3D V3 using the "Update Component Installers"

So after updating the content and the scenery besides the client, you don't have to reinstall orbx global or vector?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Install the scenery package will result in issues with Orbx Global, Vector, etc? Or is best to stay only with client and content? I´m not asking this about the new features, but only about the issues that might appear after the update. Thanks!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Installing the Client only will have the least Impact with Add On's, Not disturbing any Scenery or Airplanes.  

Doing a Content or Scenery Update will in fact return all Prepar3D default files that have been Modified by 3rd Party Software back to Default again.  

I don't have all the Orbx stuff,  So i cant Guarantee how many of there newer Installers Modify default files as apposed to Installing Extra files. (Extra files will be left untouched) 

But from what i do have,  Vector,  Europe LC some Regions and Airports,  All these were left Untouched during a Content and Or Scenery Update  

Orbx Global 

Scenery Update

Doing a Scenery Update will Update and replace files in Prepar3D \ Scenery 

Orbx Global Base Installs directly into your Scenery folder,  After you Update Scenery be sure to Run the Orbx Global Base Installer again (Important)   

The Orbx Libraries are been constantly Updated so its hard to know what files its adding or modifying (If any)   So its highly recommended to run the Orbx Libraries after doing a Content and Or Scenery Update  

Thank you! :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

A lot of work, thx!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

All discussion and/or questions regarding the topic "Updating Prepar3D V3 using the Update Component Installers" should go here!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator