Sign in to follow this  
freded

Blank Captain's PFD and ND

I am starting with Tutorial-1.5 and have succeeded in placing the B777-200LR/F at the correct place in Dulles. I have also set it to 'Cold & Dark' by using the method at the end of Tutorial-1.0. I then saved the 'Flight' (or 'Scenario' as P3D calls it).

But when I start on the process of "Getting Started", after turning on the battery and running the APU and starting its generator, I find that the Captain's PFD and ND and upper ECL do not initiate - the screens are blank. The First Officer's PFD and ND come on normally.

I tried first reloading the Scenario I had saved: No difference. Then closed/re-opened P3D and re-selected the Scenario. Same result: No Captain's PFD, etc.

I'm assuming I've made a mistake somewhere along the line - but where?

By the way, is there a quick way of selecting Cold & Dark when starting the 777? I've looked in the PMDG Operations Center and elsewhere but cannot find a shortcut.

Grateful for any help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you check the Standy Power Switch on the overhead?  Sounds like it's in OFF instead of AUTO.  No power on the STBY BUS equals no displays.

By the way, is there a quick way of selecting Cold & Dark when starting the 777? I've looked in the PMDG Operations Center and elsewhere but cannot find a shortcut.

In the FMC Menu page, select PMDG SETUP, next page Panel STATE LOAD, next page select 777 CLDDRK. Page 73 of PMDG 777 Introduction Manual.

Thanks, Jet Tech. I checked the Standby Power Switch but it was already in the AUTO position. I tried turning it OFF then back to AUTO but this made no difference.

What puzzles me is that the First Officer's PFD & ND are working - it's just the Captain's that are blank...

pcubine: Thanks to you also. I found the CLDDRK Panel State (and others) on the FMC. I'll try starting the 'Scenario' with that and see if it corrects my problems.

BTW, the PMDG 777 Introduction Manual reference is on page 71, not 73, the section is "Save/Load from the P3D Flights menu". I mention this only in case anyone else is following this thread.

Is it possible in the startup cockpit scenario you have set, the brightness control for the Capt, PFD/ND is down to minimum?

Tom Cain

I cannot make the 777-200LR/F load in the Cold/Dark state.

If I go to MENU/PMDG SETUP/PANEL STATE LOAD/\ and click on 777 CLDDRK all that happens is 'CLDDRK' is replaced by a white rectangle.

If I then re-load the same aircraft, it appears in the default configuration.

Ah! Got it!

I hadn't noticed that EXEC had lit up. When I clicked on that, the panel instantly became dark. The Introduction manual is not very clear on this point...

I posted this because I thought it would be useful to anyone else with the same problem.