Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

ChasePlane = EZDOK Killer?

Are you saying that as a beta tester or customer?

As far as I know, it hasn't been released yet, or am I mistaking?

It's not released yet. Please see my signature.

Thanks, and best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Not sure why you say Ezdok doesn't work properly in P3D. Works fine for me and all the folks making P3D videos on Youtube, using EZdok.  

95% of EZDOK works great in P3D but as I saw in your response above, so you don't think you are aware, the world camera function does not work in P3D.  This camera isn't used much unless you are a FSX/P3D video maker.   You need world camera views in order to recreate 'Plane Spotter' like shots or just general shots to show off the airport you are at rather than the plane you are flying.

Barrel Owl, I'll check out that video at home to see if it works.   The thing is.. you shouldn't need a video to make anything work as intended.   It should just... work.    The Dev for EZDOK has basically patch worked EZDOK together on the P3D side of things to get it to work (which I am grateful for) but I would like the product polished up so you just plug and play.    I'll snag ChasePlane when it releases and do a full review of my own I am sure.  Based on what I watched from the Dev video though I'll be retiring the old dog.   Until then (hugs Ezdok) my old faithful puppy will do just fine.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

It's not released yet. Please see my signature.

Thanks, and best wishes!

Dave...loving your OVPA 2016 web conference! https://youtu.be/_QaonTKkTT4

BTW you don't seem to have a signature… and on checking, while I do have a signature, it's not showing up anymore… WT Frack ! <- just in case you wondered Jim, that is a euphemism.

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thank you!

Signatures show up for me.

Stay tuned for a Live Part 2 of the Flight Sim Web Conference.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

FSFX, please stop bashing on your competitor, your product looks very good without that.

I'm using EZDOK and am very happy that it exists. Yes, the interface isn't the best, but it was (and still is) there when I need(ed) it.

Edit: Apart from the video, your blog contains this:

A public Alpha Program will start in Early November for early adopters and for people who can't stand the software they are currently using.

FSFX, please stop

My friend,

You're pretty far off center line, in fact I'd say you were side stepping.

Nobody at FSFX bashed anyone or any product.  The original post (from which the title was derived) was made by someone who is absolutely not affiliated with FSFX. And while I'm not directly affliated with FSFX, the only thing I said about the product was that I've used it, and it's a game changer.  Not sure how that can be taken as bashing.

With the above in mind, would you kindly stop bashing FSFX for something they are absolutely not involved in?  Please? 

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

Dave, I wasn't referring to the original post, but to the video made by FSFX and the blog by FSFX.

My apologies Thomas, that wasn't clear to me.

I don't think I've seen an FSFX video where they bashed other products, though during the OVPA Flight Sim Web Conference that I hosted, I did compare Chase Plane to similar products I'd used/evaluated and I noted just how quick and easy Chase Plane is to setup/use/reconfigure. But again, I'm not aware of any bashing.

Again, my apologies for not understanding your comment, and  my very best wishes to you.

Dave Hodges

No worries :)

I already like what I have seen from Chase Plane, and it seems like a logical upgrade from Ezdok, so I just hope that they say "hey, look, we have a great product" without needing to do something that I (and some others here) perceived as side blows.

These are payware products so there is no need to protect anybody's feelings. The chaseplane devs have a right to point out how their interface is better than ezdok

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

These are payware products so there is no need to protect anybody's feelings.

I think we can agree to disagree here.

I agree with Thomas.

I know and work with a LOT of developers, many of which it's been my pleasure to get to know personally.  Many of these guys put the FS community and their customers first, over money, and when they're accused of something they didn't do their feelings absolutely get hurt.

That said, there is nothing at all wrong with one developer comparing their product to another, so long as it's done without bashing.  When I review a product, I'm always careful not to bash it or a competitor.

Anyway, I think that if we could all sit down and talk face to face, we'd all find ourselves in agreement on 95% of this. 

And... we've moved pretty far away from the OP.....  LOL.

Best wishes to everyone... and if you're interested, stop by and talk with me or make a flight with me sometimes on the OVPA Voice Server.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges