Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

ATC Airspace and AFCAD

Hi

I notice in the manual that you set the radius in nm for each ATC controller airspace. Any plans to implement real world airspace boundaries or at least have the somewhat outdated airspace from within FSx P3D that default ATC uses?

Does Pilot2ATC read the airport AFCAD file for its use of communication freq? If so I guess I could manually update Towers, UNICOMS, CTAF etc in the AFCAD? 

Mike   

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Real ATC boundaries are on the list of future enhancements, but not in development yet.

For ATC Controller frequencies, you can add, edit and delete them in the current version on the Info panel.  See the user guide p.47. 

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Can you tell us what is the source from which you have build the current frequency list in P2A database?

Thanks

The hidden question behind: is there a way to use the same ATC center frequencies than Fsx or P3D and keep listening to Sim/AI's dialogs? Maybe updating the Fsx/P3d frequency list to the same source?

The controller data is from the original FSX data.  It does not include scenery updates and is in a database file format.  That is why the only current solution, which I just added in update 2.0.1.16, is to edit the database from P2A for those few times when you need to add/edit a frequency. 

Long term, I want to read the frequencies from the user's SIM data to update their personal version of the controller database.  But that is a major effort and not going to happen for a while.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the input.

So I understand that at this time we can edit airports frequencies, but not the "en route" ATC centers.

Actually, if you want to add ATC Centers you should be able to add them too.  Because the controllers are brought up for edit by airport, they would have the position of the airport you add them too.

I'll have to check if this works for Center Controllers, but it should.

Dave