Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Eaglesoft Cirrus SR20 Repaint Problem

I downloaded Glenn Bakers repaints of the SR20 and followed the install directions (I think). The planes show up in FS but they don't have any paint on them - just blank. I've tried a couple of repaints several times with the same result. Anybody have any idea what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.Jim

Hmmm... it's a bit difficult to even begin to guess what you did wrong when you haven't told us what you DID do..."followed the install directions (I think)" just doesn't convey enough information... ;)If I absolutely HAD to make a guess though, it's quite likely that you simply forgot to change the number in the new section of the aircraft.cfg to be the "next increment..."The last entry in the default aircraft.cfg is:[fltsim.3]If you add a repaint, the new entry has to be one number higher![fltsim.4]I would be embarrased to admit the number of times I've fallen for this 'gottcha,' were I inclined to embarrass easily... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you see the aircraft in the select aircraft window but it has no paint - it's almost always that the texture= line in the aircraft.cfg does not match a texture folder name exactly.The other possiblity is that the folder does not contain the correct texture .BMP files.

When I stated "I think", I meant that I followed the directions to the best of my ability. They seemed pretty straight forward to me.I copied and pasted the acft. cfg. files as instructed and numbered them in sequence starting with [fltsim.4], [fltsim.5], etc,. I saved the file after that. This was after I followed the steps leading up to that.Jim

As Reggie pointed out..."it's almost always that the texture= line in the aircraft.cfg does not match a texture folder name exactly."

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well, I'm about to throw in the towel. I've tried about everything including the suggestions given. This whole procedure is mostly copy and paste so I can't be making mistakes there. Has anybody got this to work?Jim

Drop in to our support forums and we'll see what we can do for you:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png