Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

P3DV3.4.9 and WHQL 375.63 a great spot

Updated the driver yesterday, but was not confident enough to post that I see a difference. Feels smooth, but felt smooth before as well (P3D v3.3.5 @ GTX980TI).

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

You'll be waiting a long time. Not for the first part but for the second.

Actually another way of saying what I said is that I'm not waiting for anything.  I stopped updating anything as of 3.0 including drivers--not worth the hassle for the absolute incremental micro-improvements.  The sim is amply smooth already so I spend my time w/ P3D flying using FSCaptain which keeps me interested enough.  I think we're all a little stuck w/ poor migration of single-core performance improvements and I agree I don't think there is anything on the horizon.  So much of development has gone mobile now high performance computing on X86 platform has pretty much stalled for years now.  Very fortunately for flight simmers it's become good enough to enjoy.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Updated my drivers and am now on my way to Nice Cote d Azur ..

Looked good before. Looks good now.

Find this one particular nice local here :-)

André

I did an update today and i did not see any differences to the driver before. On my ASUS ROG Swift 27" i have normal 30-40 FPS however i have to limit the frames to 30 to get a smooth ride. On my beamer which is limited to 1080p @30Hz gives me smooth 30FPS. In my case the step from GTX 980 to GTX 1080 made a big difference. Btw 4xSGSS is enabled in NI. For me unstable stuttering FPS are no longer a factor as everything is fine. OOMs are more limiting factor now.

• Upvote 1

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

There have been reports that the effects provided by FSFX Packages for the NGX don't work as they should with the latest version(s) of Nvidia drivers if you're in SLI mode so that might be worth considering for some with this kind of setup.

Richard Åsberg

This is true.  I went back to 372.70, that is what I had and didn't want to download, but it is working fine now.

Just my two cents for the night

Remember to use DDU in safemode when uninstalling your previous drivers

This DDU thing is not really needed. The Nvidia drive installer allows you to perform a clean installation. Good luck!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This DDU thing is not really needed. The Nvidia drive installer allows you to perform a clean installation. Good luck!.

Cheers, Ed

Usually that is true and that is what I have been relying on for a long time but this time I had to use DDU to "downgrade" to 372.70.

Without DDU P3D froze on me with a message in the Windows system log telling me the display driver stopped working. Using DDU I managed to get rid of this problem and now all is working fine.

Richard Åsberg

Usually that is true and that is what I have been relying on for a long time but this time I had to use DDU to "downgrade" to 372.70.

Without DDU P3D froze on me with a message in the Windows system log telling me the display driver stopped working. Using DDU I managed to get rid of this problem and now all is working fine.

That's correct too, what I meant is that's not necessary to use DDU at every change of the display driver, except of course for cases like yours in which a particular display problem occurred. Could we know why you had to get back to a previous driver version?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

That's correct too, what I meant is that's not necessary to use DDU at every change of the display driver, except of course for cases like yours in which a particular display problem occurred. Could we know why you had to get back to a previous driver version?.

Cheers, Ed

The freeze problem described in my last post started using the latest version of the Nvidia driver. Then I went back to 372.70 without using DDU. When I noticed I still had the same problem I used DDU and then did a fresh install of 372.70 and after that all was good.

Maybe it would have been good also with the latest version after using DDU to clean up things but since 372.70 works 100% fine I don't see any reason to mess around. Been too much of that lately, now I just want to fly :smile:

Richard Åsberg

The freeze problem described in my last post started using the latest version of the Nvidia driver. Then I went back to 372.70 without using DDU. When I noticed I still had the same problem I used DDU and then did a fresh install of 372.70 and after that all was good.

Maybe it would have been good also with the latest version after using DDU to clean up things but since 372.70 works 100% fine I don't see any reason to mess around. Been too much of that lately, now I just want to fly :smile:

Ok. Thanks. Just in case you would want to mess around again, go and try the newest 375.70. I'm using it and so far very good results. I fly the Carenado Shrike very often and when turning its cabin lights ON I always have to look up in the cockpit and with previous drivers I had a brief display "interruption" just exactly when these lights went ON, and now this issue has disappeared for good.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed