Sign in to follow this  
historian

Why the need for an active internet connection

On 10/21/2017 at 1:02 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Alpha programs are not available to the public.

Huh? I've purchased or been part of numerous public alphas for a variety of products in the last 12 months alone. Not early access, but announced and documented alphas.

Sure, most companies wait till beta for public access but there's no blanket criteria for alpha = no public.

4 hours ago, softreset said:

Huh? I've purchased or been part of numerous public alphas for a variety of products in the last 12 months alone. Not early access, but announced and documented alphas.

Sure, most companies wait till beta for public access but there's no blanket criteria for alpha = no public.

Fair enough. As a former programmer I wouldn't dream of releasing alpha releases to a wider group. Has the developer of CP ever referred to his releases as alpha?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We have released the product as an Alpha. It was clear on the website that it was an Alpha just like it’s clear now that it’s a Beta.

If one misses that information from the website, there is nothing else I can do... It’s clear enough...

We knowingly released it as an Alpha to gather feedback during the development phase. This, in my opinion, is more important than having to answer a lot of emails. Our Alpha phase was a success and we would go the same route for future software development.

If one does not agree with that, not buying the software until v1.0 is a smart choice.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven,

I came to the party late so only knew of the Beta offering.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Increasing the already expensive program will actually cause a loss of buyers. IMO. More reason to stick with Ezydok.

Dave Taylor gb.png

36 minutes ago, G7USL said:

[...] More reason to stick with Ezydok.

Go away, please

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

25 minutes ago, G7USL said:

Well, I must say you won't attract many customers with that attitude.  Am I not allowed to comment and why are you so touchy? I was in fact considering purchase at £30.00 which to a pensioner like myself is expensive.  Chill out eh dude?

You are allowed to comment, yes, but negative comments like the one you posted aren't welcomed here. We appreciate constructive feedback and opinions but there is a line not to be crossed.

The first part of your comment was an opinion, fair enough... The second part was really not necessary. It's the kind of comment that divides people in this community.

Also, I am not trying to seduce anyone here to buy the product, the product is able to do it by itself.

• Upvote 3

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 minute ago, G7USL said:

By changing the 'goal post's' and slating EZCA maybe you should read up more.  I'm NOT buying your product because you, the developer have proven in these columns that your personality sucks, big time.

Dang, that's pretty harsh.  I personally like Keven's almost instant support, and find CP light years ahead of EZDOK which I uninstalled.

He already said that in November there won't be a need for an internet connection.

Please for the sake of civility, please do not resort to name calling and harsh attacks.

Best regards,

Jack

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Alright, I think this topic has been discussed enough, I will now close this topic as it doesn't bring anything constructive anymore.

I'd like to thank everyone for their contribution to this topic, it did and will continue to contribute to many changes to the platform.

Many but not all are by now aware that November will bring an Offline mode to ChasePlane. You can get all the available details in our Cosford presentation here:

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just to make sure everyone is aware, we have published Beta 0.4 in the Experimental channel (that includes offline capabilities).

If you want to use ChasePlane offline, make sure you enable Experimental versions in the Preferences.

We will be pushing 0.4 in the Stable channel gradually starting in late December.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42