Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

ATC Never Hands Off to Tower

So far when flying the new Cirrus jet and the older BA 777 that comes with the X-plane 10 download version, I am unable to get a hand-off to the tower from ATC. All ATC says is call the runway insight. When I try to do that there is no written dialog response for that or the tower. Then I get ATC giving me vectors back out for what appears another approach.

Anybody else notice this?

Terry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm actually amazed anyone is using the default ATC. It's quite buggy and has many issues that make it unusable for most. I haven't used the ATC for some time as unfortunately it was very hard to get it to actually work correctly. It was hoped it would be improved in v11, but for the first version at least, it doesn't seem to be the case. 

So far when flying the new Cirrus jet and the older BA 777 that comes with the X-plane 10 download version, I am unable to get a hand-off to the tower from ATC. All ATC says is call the runway insight. When I try to do that there is no written dialog response for that or the tower. Then I get ATC giving me vectors back out for what appears another approach.

Anybody else notice this?

Terry

e

Terry try this ATC free plugin , better then default.

http://124thatc.matacchieri.eu/

I tried a flight with default ATC yesterday and found it surprisingly adequate. Two things of note: firstly I was not given altitudes to maintain in the climb, secondly it kept changing its mind about which runway to vector me to on approach to Heathrow. Apart from that it was better than I thought it would be.