Sign in to follow this  
harrry

FTX Central 3 Topic

How do I move from one PC to another?  Do I uninstall the FTX Central 3 from the old PC and then reinstall in the second PC and then re-download everything?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,

I had pretty much had the same question as you do. I purchased a new Jetline computer to replace my aging flightsim computer. From what I read on the official Orbx forum, here is what I did.

1. I first uninstalled every Orbx product from my old computer. I did so via FTX Central v 3.

2. I then uninstalled FTX Central v 3 from my old computer. From what I read and forum replies to my question, to be legal, everything must be uninstalled from the old computer prior to your new installation onto your new computer.

3. On my new Jetline, I first installed FTX Central v 3, then I started to reinstall the Orbx products registered in my account via FTX Central v. 3--Global Base, Regions, Airports, Freeware and last Libraries. The time it takes to do this process depends on how many registered Orbx products you own and your internet connection. I had no problems throughout this process. I also went from FSX boxed to the latest version of Prepar3D. I am using Windows 10. My Prepar3D folder is not installed in the x86 Program Files folder--this way I do not have to deal with the OS security (UAC).

Hope this helps,

Raymie