Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

I need some expert help lol and Dave has a killer atc proggie

I have p2a installed on a second machine with widefs..no problem connecting...I thought that putting it on a second machine..would reduce the drain on my machine machine ( plus for using extra monitors) but the only thing I am wondering.. other than connecting a yoke to the PTT (which I can't seem to get right in fsuipc....what is the advantage of networking?) ...Can't see any additional windows on p3dv3 machine.. Do I need to have P2A on both machines?

Can I not have sound (like chatter) come thru speakers or do I have to have the wireless g930  attached to the remote machine for P2A work? I know it is looking for a microphone. I do have FS2 crew on P3dv3 machine so I need a microphone for it. I do have  Logitech 930 and two receivers but I guess it can only connect to one receiver. I have a receiver for both machines but that don't work lol.

I bought the chatter files from real atc..and created a CONTROLLER direction inside the chatter directory and used all caps for the sub-directories and copied files from each real atc directory into each of the Controller files inside the Chatter directory. I did not install them into the default directories but the CONTROLLER directory I created with all the sub folder APP; CLR;CTR: and some with _  in the directory name) (which are Captilized) is that right? When should I hear chatter?

I am trying to figure all this out but if somebody has a great way to do the sound.. I am using Multiplicity. (and has that audio pass thru built in) but don't know how to use it I have 1 powered speaker system hooked up on main (p3Dv3 machine) and speakers on remote machine. I am using a device called Tiny Mix by Stoweblank to hook both computers into this device and then you can hear sound at same time from both machines.....But if there is a better way let me know.

So you know hat Tiny Mix is: here is the link..maybe someone else could use one....www.stoweblank.com/tinymix

Sorry to ramble..getting old and feeble lol,

Best Regards for the Season to everyone!!

Bob M.

Bob M

Not sure I have understood all your needs and setup, but you should have a look here:

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/vban.htm

VBAN can transport sounds over network. Also you can use Voicemeeter to mix everything between hardware & virtual audio inputs on the computer you want to use for speakers or headphone.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Thanks roland..one quick question.. when I create a flight plan in P2A..and one of the waypoints turns blue.. what does that mean?

Thanks,

Bob M

Maybe Dave will jump in. Vban..Is it dumbed down for us not so swift or am I getting in over my head lol.  I have a Logitech 930 wireless and two receivers but I contacted Logitech and they said it would only use one receiver or the other...not both. Drats,  If I put P2A on the P3D machine and give up on networking..would it gooble up all my resources since P3d is already doing that lol.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

For solve your PTT problems you need to set your joystick in the remote machine with widefs

For the sound problem you can use a virtual mixer, or buy a mini sound mixer for jack 3,5mm, then mix the sound from the two computers to your headphones. The mic need to be conected in the remote computer.

Thanks..... Got it. The wireless mike on the remote where P2A is installed but not sure how I could use mic  on other machine where P3dv3 and FS2 Crew I installed. Oh well. I guess I am asking a lot. Actually I have the G930 Logitech wireless headset and I removed the right ear piece so all I have is the left earpiece and mic so I could (1) hear the wife yelling and (2) hear the sim background noise.. But I guess on P2A...the chatter and everything only come through a headset?    If you wear a headset..you feel kinda trapped and out of touch with your surroundings lol.

Have a great day Djembe!!

Bob M.

Bob M

Then you need the mic in the P3D pc for FS2Crew... i think just install P2A in the P3D pc.

What I did was to buy a couple of audio cables and connected the line-out of each computer to the line-in of the others. I have a headset+mic in the FSX computer. My voice goes from the mic to line-out to line-in of the P2A computer. P2A voice goes from the line-out to the line-in of the FSX computer to my headset.

It takes some configuration to reroute the line-in to the headset but it works great.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2