Sign in to follow this  
bakerman

Clouds Shadow and FsLabs Spotlight!

Steve

as I wrote in the other post I went the hard way and reinstalled FSX. So I have Cloud Shadows in this new install until I installed

FsLabs Spotlights v25. Then no more shadows :wink:

So after I throwd FsSpotlights in the pin, shadows back :dance: (had to uninstall it, a simple deactivate in the dll.xml dit not the trick) 

I think this is why some people dont't have any shadows in FSX!

Maybe someone else can test this to?

Bruno

Bruno 

Steve

as I wrote in the other post I went the hard way and reinstalled FSX. So I have Cloud Shadows in this new install until I installed

FsLabs Spotlights v25. Then no more shadows :wink:

So after I throwd FsSpotlights in the pin, shadows back :dance: (had to uninstall it, a simple deactivate in the dll.xml dit not the trick) 

I think this is why some people dont't have any shadows in FSX!

Maybe someone else can test this to?

Bruno

Good find, Bruno.  I wasn't seeing any shadows myself and I do have the FS Labs a320 with fs Spotlights installed.  As noted above, a simple deactivation in the Spotlights control panel doesn't work.  Uninstalling Spotlights and restarting the PC caused cloud shadows to appear in all their glory.  So, I hope you can find a fix for this.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Hi Guys

I just went over this post in the FsLabs Spothlight download area

• Version 1.0.0.26
  • Compatibility fix for Steve's DX10 cloud shadows
  • Compatibility fix for P3D DX11 calls

so, should the shadows now work with the v 1.2 or do we have to wait until Version V1.3 ?

I guess so, I have still no shadows with .26 and V1.2 or can anybody confirm a working install?

Bruno

Bruno 

You should now have shadows with 1.2 and spotlights build 26. I have tested this. Have you installed reshade along with Spotlights?

Try adding the line

DebugCloudShadows=1 to the group [DX10Addon1] in the Dx10.ini file uder Appdata\Local\DX10SceneryFixer

Then run the controller select the debugs screen from the top menu and press apply (don't change anything) - that rebuilds the shaders.

Then fly over the sea and tell me what colour bar you see on the left of the screen.

Hi Steve

I reinstalled cloudshadow and now everything is showing his shadows.

Looking great!!

Thanks

Bruno

Bruno 

yup, thanks to this fix got the a320.  cloud shadows working with spotlights--aok.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS