Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

MilViz T-50 Bobcat released!

I believe there is a rudder trim crank above your head... have not used it myself,

but you might try it..

Edit: I just tried it... some Right Rudder trim straightens out the plane.

The crank appears to have the turn arrows backwards, but the scale above the crank is correct.

Bert

That's what I've done. So the Bobcat started flying with the wing levelled but yawing slowly to the right :D

An aileron trim would solve it but I don't think there's one in the Bobbie.

Anyway I'm planning to install FSX-SE tonight and will install the Bobcat on the fresh sim and see what's what.

I bet you that you have to keep a hand on the yoke in the real plane

as well... air is never totally still.. you are going to be drifting unless

you correct from time to time (or constantly, depending on weather..)

Bert

There is a hidden mouse point on the small black square near the pilot's left knee. I've provided a tooltip to display the +/- percentage of trim.

I don't touch the rudder trim at all, but crank in just a tiny bit of aileron trim.

@medwyn: The primer pump has been replaced functionally by a "wobble pump" conveniently placed between the two front seats just ahead of the main wing spar. Four to five pumps should build enough system pressure to extinguish both lights.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's wonderful, n4gix, thank you!

The Bobbie now flies straight into the sunset with the aileron trim adjusted! (Needs 7% on 7000 feet and a bit more on lower altitudes as far as I checked, that hidden tooltip helps a lot!)

Also found the pump lever, now I can start the engines without the electrical pumps.

Enjoying the add-on very much! :)

I'm happy to hear of your success and pleasure! :dance:

Fr. Bill    

Service Release #2 is now available via a link in the Milviz support forum.

NOTA BENE: If your recent download is v1.170103 then you have the latest version!

Fr. Bill    

reading here sounds like a few people not that happy with Milviz regarding there treatment over the the King air me included,it must really PO the Milviz guys,release something new and around 40% of the posts on most forums are moaning about your companies previous products,really good advertising for you company,I have 4 aircraft from Milviz the King air 350 if ever delivered will defiantly be my last

Of course it bothers me.  More so that you think it's amusing.  

If you actually bought the product, you knew full well it was an alpha without a specific release date.  You were also made aware that we were going to redo the whole avionics systems from scratch as the one we had wasn't good enough as an MV product.  Surely it was good enough as one of our competitors...(no?)  You were also told that we would be giving you the 350 (no i) for free for your "troubles".  We have been nothing but clear and, as far as I am concerned, generous.

If you DIDN'T buy it, then you're just being not nice.  (and didn't your parents ever tell you... if you can't say anything nice.. say nothing at all?)

The fact of the matter is... we could have just released the KA as it was and been done with it.  I probably should have done so.  But... Rather than do that...I decided that it would be much better to tough it out (and it's been tough because of people like you...) and deliver something worthwhile.

I'm curious... the other 4 aircaft... are they good?  You like them?  Are they well done?  Would you expect the KA to be like that?  Well?  THEN WAIT BECAUSE WE'RE (expletive deleted) WORKING ON IT!  (sheesh.. .really?  You think we STOPPED????)

Quite honestly, I'm done messing with you guys.  You're not worth it.  All you do is complain while we're trying to make it BETTER than it was... FOR YOU!!! 

Colin

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

You're not worth it. 

If that's how you feel about your customers, don't expect them to treat you any better.

FWIW, I'd be very much interested in the Bobcat, which seems to be very well done and considering that I'm very happy with the C310 and the B55 I'd normally buy it without hesitation. However, due to the KingAir situation I won't be buying any more Milviz products. I'm NOT saying that to spite you or to complain, I simply want you to know that it does influence your business, even if only in a small way.

I love my customers.  However, if you didn't even buy a product that you're complaining about... what exactly does that make you?

Certainly not exactly a customer right?

As well, if that's the ONLY line you're picking up on in what I wrote then there's no way to convince you that it's not directed at you but at people who think that the KA "situation" is, in fact, a situation that requires repetition ad nauseum.  You'd think that I don't know about it...

Not much I can do about it.  I make good products.  I do not deal with snide people well.

And that, is as it should be.  Would you rather that I say all kinds of nice stuff but then release yucky products?

Ha.

Can't win can I?

Buy them don't buy them.  

Your call.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I've replied by PM, as it's not relevant to the topic. I'm looking forward to purchasing the Bobcat one day as it seems like a really fun aircraft.

Mr Milviz thanks for you reply,just for you! my purchase order is B350i for P3Dv2 x 1Your Order ID is 0004340097

,I also never received any email regarding the free 350 but that is not important at this time,do you also want to see the email you sent me via Avsim when I pointed out a amount of our money sitting in your bank,how long do you think you customers should really wait 3/4/5/6/7/8 yrs,the big issue for me is confidence in your companies will or ability to deliver this King Air350,with its fully functioning systems,it seems to keep getting pushed further back ! and you keep bringing out lists of new add ons,which seem to push back our beloved King Air!.All I and the 400 other people who according to you purchased the King Air350 want is what we have paid your company for,please just supply it then I will very happy more like ecstatic,I may go back to singing you companies praises i will even wear a Milviz cap around town,your company has produced some good aircraft add ons which i am happy with,to be honest I have had my eye on the F100 and a couple of other Aircraft you have in your endless pipe line,believe me I have sang Milviz praises to many people,I do not want to waste my time writing negative comments regarding Milviz or any other developer life is to short,please just deliver the King Air

at this moment an ex Milviz fan

Peter

Gentlemen, this thread is about the T-50 Bobcat. It is not a venue for any other product discussion.

Please stay on topic.

Fr. Bill