Sign in to follow this  
JetManHuss

The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX

Hi all :)

The EuroFOX is going to be my first 2017 release, expected to be completed during January 2017.

It is a highly detailed, fully functional, animated, interactive aircraft with a fully operational, high quality 3D cockpit.

It will be released for both X-Plane 10.51 and X-Plane 11.

You can follow the project's development status in the EuroFOX project page at VSKYLABS website.

I will also post updates in this topic ( at the AVSIM forums).

Here is an ** under development screenshot **

vskylabs eurofox intro xp11 003 1024.jpg

• Upvote 2

A first look into the ** UNDER DEVELOPEMT ** cockpit panel of the VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX.

* the radio is a functional 3d model object, but might be changed into a different type in couple of hours...

The project is making a good progress, hopefully will be ready by the end of January 2017.

More information can be found in the project's page.

vskylabs eurofox intro cockpit xp11 800.png

• Upvote 1

January 3rd 2017: 
  1. Cockpit final general layout was decided: Bendix KX-155 radio and Bendix KT 76A Transponder were modeled and installed successfully. 
  2. Warning lights (for boost pump, minimum fuel and charge control) were installed and are functional. All 3D of course... 
  3. Various textures and 3D modelling work. 
  4. Thorough work on aircraft systems definition and integration. 

You are invited to keep tracks with this project in this post and in the VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX project page.

Here is a current screenshot:

vskylabs eurofox intro cockpit v02 xp11.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Looks nice! I usually don't like high wing planes but this one has no roof and doors, so it seems (?) and hence it is pretty open. I see a throttle, a mixture and a... trim...? Or a prop lever (suppose not on such a plane). Looking forward to some video's on how it looks out of the VC while flying (mainly because, as I said, I usually don't like high wings).

Looks nice! I usually don't like high wing planes but this one has no roof and doors, so it seems (?) and hence it is pretty open. I see a throttle, a mixture and a... trim...? Or a prop lever (suppose not on such a plane). Looking forward to some video's on how it looks out of the VC while flying (mainly because, as I said, I usually don't like high wings).

Hi :)

Oh...the EuroFOX sure features doors (not visible in these screenshots), but it is a quite opened cockpit environment...

The EuroFOX has a fixed-pitch propeller (can be adjusted on the ground), and what is now visible in the panel is the throttle, parking and the choke (upper 3 handles), plus Carb heating, cockpit heating, and oil flap handles.

The project page will feature many details with pictures and links to the actual pilot operating manual and flight training supplement.

Videos will be available in a while...

Thanks,

JetManHuss :)

January 5th 2017: 
Step by step...creating and adding bolts and rivets...rods and pivots...creating and tying up together all the elements into an Aeropro EuroFOX virtual kit...This is the most exciting process, bringing the design to life!

The current method is to collect and inspect as many as relevant exterior and interior photos of the aircraft and its variants, including videos on YouTube, and then to replicate as many details as I can. There are many design decisions to be made, including the final color scheme etc.

Another issue is the great number of existing cockpit layouts...The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX initial release cockpit layout was derived from the EuroFOX Aviation Type Approved Microlight Pilot Operating Handbook, as well as from various cockpit layouts that I've found good.

...My idea is to get in as many details as my 3D modeling skills will allow me. I have to admit that working on this project improved my 3D skills and thinking exponentially...I'm starting to feel like Lucy :wink:  (Luc Besson's film...).

You can follow the project directly in the VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX aircraft page.

Here are a couple of updated **UNDER DEVELOPMENT** screenshots, showing some more details:

vskylabs eurofox intro 03 800.jpg

vskylabs eurofox intro 04 800.jpg

Hi! :)

Progress is made successfully! there is a possibility that next week...a Beta version will be released!

(31th January 2017) New development screenshots:

Visit the project's page for more information.

vskylabs eurofox intro 008 1 800.jpg

vskylabs eurofox intro 008 2 800.jpg

vskylabs eurofox intro 008 4 800.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks great JetMan. Will this work in X-Plane 11 right out of the box?

Hi!

Thanks!

Yes! X-Plane 11 *fully compatible* :)