Sign in to follow this  
JetManHuss

The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX

Hi :)

A first look to the VSKYLABS EuroFOX / Aerotrek A220 :)

It is still *under development*, mainly to complete the 3D modeling aspect. Color scheme is also still experimental...not final yet...

The aircraft is slightly different from the Tricycle version; the wings are swept forward a bit, the cockpit panel looks quite different and more...it feels like a different aircraft, although the core of the design is the same great Eurofox ('great' refers to the real thing...of course...).

This additional aircraft  is going to be added to the package, as a free update. Hopefully in a week or so...

The whole package will turn to version v003, with major update to the flight dynamics model, setting it with mature 'high definition' settings, and other upgrades/improvements.

I will keep updating in this topic. 

For more deep, professional talk and support you are welcome to visit the EuroFOX topic in the VSKYLABS support forum. 

vskylabs eurofox 220 v003 intro 001 800.jpg

vskylabs eurofox 220 v003 intro 002 800.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yep. I saw quite an improvement from the first version to the second, and so with the added model plus the improvements you listed for the version three, it should be quite nice!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Major update was just released (to v003.1)

Update Log (26th Feb 2017, to version v003.1) - main features:

This is a Major Update Release, and the last pre-planned one to the flight dynamics model, as it reached to its final phase.

• Flight dynamics model tuneup - final phase:
    • Rotax 912 engine and propeller simulation overhauled: Idle, Max static RPM, RPM changes due to airspeed, engine behavior when cut-off, reduction gearbox working very good now.
    • Total performance of the EuroFOX is now tuned to its final phase; aircraft handling characteristics is now solid in all flight regimes.
  • Systems:
    • Fuel, stater, choke systems tuneup.
  • 3D Modeling additions:
    • Wing fuel tanks Fuel caps (above both wings).
    • Pitot tube (under the right wing).
    • Mass balances for the flaps (tubes that are sticking out in front of each flap).

For more information, please visit the VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX project's page.

• Upvote 1

Hi, owner since yesterday, v003.1

While I can only agree with all the positive comments in here I have one big issue: FPS

I'm at a location where the default C172 gives me 34 FPS but putting the Fox at the same spot x-plane renering drops to 22 FPS. That is a huge hit, escpeially considering there are no plugins and the aircraft is rather small. Cold and dark or engines running makes no difference. Switching to an outside view increases performance quite a bit.

Some error in the cockpit objects/texturing? Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, AnsorgJ said:

Hi, owner since yesterday, v003.1

While I can only agree with all the positive comments in here I have one big issue: FPS

I'm at a location where the default C172 gives me 34 FPS but putting the Fox at the same spot x-plane renering drops to 22 FPS. That is a huge hit, escpeially considering there are no plugins and the aircraft is rather small. Cold and dark or engines running makes no difference. Switching to an outside view increases performance quite a bit.

Some error in the cockpit objects/texturing? Any ideas?

Hi!

Ok..did some testings...cockpit object is fine, but I'm running some tests...I think I know what might cause such reduction in fps.

In a few days, another update will be posted, featuring the A220 model. This update will include some fixes to the 3d model, as well as to the flight model (cruise speed will be slightly higher). I will also do further optimizations, so I hope it will increase fps on relevant machines.

• Upvote 1

Hi :)

Just released a major update (the update pushed to all buyers).

Link to project's page: http://www.vskylabs.com/2016/12/aeropro-eurofox.html

Update highlights:

Additional aircraft included:

• The tail wheel A220 aircraft was added.

Flight dynamics model tuneup:

• Cruise speed tune-up - now slightly higher in both models.
  • Total performance of the EuroFOX is now tuned to its final phase; long run fine tuning may proceed in future versions.

Pilot functionality:

• Due to requests for fixing a Kilometers Per Hour (km/h) airspeed gauge, I've set up both the A240 and the A220 with a switchable Air Speed Indicator. To toggle between mph and kph, just click on the Air Speed Indicator edges.

This update is bringing the package to it's 'Initial version' goals. Long-term update plan is now taken over, and it will be focusing on flight handling and characteristics tuning and enhancing the 3D model "bit by bit".

I am getting lots of feedback and trying to implement 'special requests' (as the airspeed indicator for kph). You are invited to right me notes in the EuroFOX topic at the VSKYLABS Support forum.

58b6bff00be75_vskylabseurofoxv003.1intro004.thumb.jpg.710cffab3c26503e8ce52c2eadc35094.jpg

58b6c001a44fc_vskylabseurofoxv003.1intro003.thumb.jpg.d38177203c79a6b1e0e9fab79aedf427.jpg

58b6c00f07714_vskylabseurofoxv003.1intro001.thumb.jpg.304fb74aa6dc2345e367ad8708ccaace.jpg

Hi Jetman,

Thanks for the updates on the EuroFox. The tail-dragger looks great. Keep up the good work.

Jim Morgan

Many thanks for your work!

Hi!

I've just released a minor-fix update release (textures and 3D model fixes to the EuroFOX A220 model). 

Current version is: 
EuroFOX A240: v003.1a (same version as the last one). 
EuroFOX A220: v003.1afix (minor fixes to textures and 3D model). 

The update was pushed automatically to all buyers.

Thanks again for your work! I love that little plane. It only lacks some repaints - why?

5 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Thanks again for your work! I love that little plane. It only lacks some repaints - why?

HI!

Repaints will be in the future.

Thanks!

I´m also looking forward :cool: