Sign in to follow this  
JetManHuss

The VSKYLABS Aeropro EuroFOX

Very interested in the Eurofox. I learned to fly in the Eurofox :)

Hi! I learned to fly in the PA-18 super cub :)

The Eurofox is almost ready in its initial release version. I hope that it will bring you back good memories.

• Upvote 2

Love the fact that the plane has great visibility out of the side windows (a must of you love admiring the scenery) and a generous price also :-)

Definitely will pick this up as I get a chance. There's not enough low n' slow little planes like this available to fly around and admire the scenery with. Looks fantastic too.

Browsing the Aerotrek website, I note that the A220 taildragger is available with 26" tundra tires as an option. Any chance of including that when you do the A220 version? I hope so, that would make it a superb little bush plane to have fun with, and also make it feel at home in some of the excellent northern scenery available in the sim!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hi!

Yes. My EuroFOX project will cover *at least* both versions (220,240), but also other interesting variants. Bush-plane version with the tundra tires is certainly one of them.

...oh! speaking of tundra's...I'm deep inside another project...light...bush-plane...a famous one...tundra tires...soon to be introduced ;)

@JetManHuss

I have a strange problem with z-thrashing of textures in the cockpit see:

Screen_Shot_2017_02_17_at_20_02_08.jpg

Screen_Shot_2017_02_17_at_20_02_31.jpg

Any ideas what could be causing this?

@JetManHuss

I have a strange problem with z-thrashing of textures in the cockpit see:

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Hi,

ok...inspecting your screenshots I can see that these are X-Plane 10 screenshots, and that they are not right (horrible!)

There are no shadows at all and the rendering is probably set to the lowest possible settings (assuming that you have a decent GPU).

Here is what you can do: Go to 'Rendering Options' menu and try to set up HDR rendering, as well as setting at least to show 3d shadows on the aircraft (or higher definition of global shadows, of course). I'm sure that it will fix the problem and you will see the entire graphics at it's best (it will affect all of your X-Plane flying experience, also with other airplanes, of course).

Please notify me if you got things to work right, in here, or better in the EuroFOX topic in the VSKYLABS support forum.

Thank's and good luck :)

I have HDR enabled, but I'm using Mac OS X (my dev machine) in these shots and lowish settings. I'll try it on Windows with XP11 and GTX 1070 tomorrow and report back (I suspect it will be much better).

It has good framerates though

I have HDR enabled, but I'm using Mac OS X (my dev machine) in these shots and lowish settings. I'll try it on Windows with XP11 and GTX 1070 tomorrow and report back (I suspect it will be much better).

It has good framerates though

Hi!

Try to 'play' with the shadows options even in the lowish settings.

Note that I am developing this aircraft for both X-Plane 10.51 and X-Plane 11, and you can definately use the aircraft in X-Plane 10.51, with an average-rated GPU. It should look good and work without artifacts, internal and external, in X-Plane 10.51.

Regardless to the EuroFOX...XP11 and GTX 1070...sounds like a party! :Party::)

This is a great little bird!  Been watching the developement and was excited to see it released.  Happy to report it flies great and looks really nice!  Highly recommend for a super fun slow flyer.

I've played with it in XP10.51 all over Bella Coola and Juneau, but haven't loaded it into XP11 yet.

Great job JetManHuss!

Hi all :)

A new update was just released (v002).

(link to project's page)

Update highlights:

Flight dynamics model tuneup:

• 'Stuck on unpaved terrain' fixed.
  • Engine static RPM now exceeds ~4,900-5,000 RPM.
  • Propeller and engine models tuned one step forward for accurate performance at a wider flying speed range (from static to high-speed flight).
  • CG, drag and controls fine tuned for more docile low-speed behavior (don't forget to operate the pitch trim during flight).
Cockpit environment:
  • A new set of high resolution 3D flight instrument gauges were implemented.
  • New high resolution 3D Altimeter gauge with easy to set barometer setting knob (click-and-drag).
  • Flight instrument gauges glass 'dirt effect' was changed to a more clearer, reflective glass. The GPS flat screen is still dirty as an artistic choice ;)
  • Garmin 530 GPS textures replaced to a photo-real textures.
  • GPS operation LED indicator was implemented into the GPS (use the Avionic switch to turn on/off).
  • Front panel set to high-resolution textures, with crisp cockpit placards.
3D modeling:
  • Interior cabin textures fine tuned all around the cabin.

Project support:
You are invited to use the EuroFOX topic in the VSKYLABS Support Forums for feedback, questions, comment, bug reports etc.

Here are couple of sample screenshot of V002:

vskylabs eurofox V002A intro 003 800.jpg

vskylabs eurofox V002A intro 001 800.jpg

Awesome, will download this afternoon!  Thanks for the fast update.

I'll report any feedback on your own site.