Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Always read the small print :-) ....

Currently testing out the early release version of Air Hauler 2, so of course I wanted to add my fave GA single to the fleet - the Bellanca Viking - managed to find one used for sale so snapped it up, then I realised it was located in the frozen wastes of North Washington State USA at a tiny private airfield, so I've had to fly it all the way across the continental US to Halifax Nova Scotia, and then set off across the Atlantic to get it to the UK, always a bit risky in a single with a maximum range of just over 1,000 miles, so I'm having to go via Greenland, but even so, that's a lot of water to be over with only 1 rubber band...

viking_zps1bammmry.jpg

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Good luck. You may want to stop off in Iceland too. The country, not the bloody supermarket chain! :cool:

I did a reverse ferry trip from Manchester to Greenbrier Valley in my Avanti (I've just signed on with Greenbrier Aero Club) except I broke the trip up a little. Manchester to Stornoway, then Reykjavic. On to Narsarsuaq, in Greenland then Goose Bay, Canada. With more airfields available I then decided to get to Greenbrier in one hop from Goose Bay.

Happy Flying!

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Nice pic!

And.... holy guacamole, @Chock is back!   Great to see you here Alan.  I recall you from way back when I was a mere long-term 'lurker' at AVSIM. Always helpful and knowledgeable posts. 

Good to see you back here, and hope all is well.

Merry Christmas :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

I fly:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701, (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600 and PMDG737.

Wow! Thought you had dropped off the face of the earth. Welcome back!

John