Sign in to follow this  
BJ Young

FO and FA Sound Problems

I recently purchased the NGX Reboot and have been using the Button version with no issues.  I started using the Voice version when I got a headset and the FO doesn't say "I am out for the walk-around" nor do I get the FA asking if the can start boarding.  I have done a lot of searching thru the forum and went back to the OPS Manual to make sure I have everything set up correctly. I am sure it is something I am doing incorrectly but cannot figure it out. Can you help? Thanks  

Hi,

First and maybe silly (sorry!) question: are you starting the preflight events?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Does the FO answers when you ask for the preflight checklist and can you hear them?

Have you tried to push the button HS on the main panel? Maybe depending on you config the FO and FA voices are routed to a wrong device. 

In that case, check in the FScrew options which sound device in in use.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I just checked FSX, PMDG and FS2Crew and I have all sound going thru the headset.  I do not hear the "Let's get setup" at the beginning when I play the preflight events.  I did however hear the FO "I am out for the walk-around" but it was thru my system speakers. I am guessing that all these sounds are coming thru my system speakers but have all set for the headset.    

If the Headset is select, not all FS2Crew sounds will be routed through your headset.

We try to simulate the headset as if it were a real headset in the cockpit.

So if the FO tells you he's going for the walkround, you wouldn't hear that through the headset.... you would hear that just has if he was standing beside you.

All checklists, however, would be routed through the headset.

Thank you Bryan. Understood.  I have an earphone mic so that is the issue. Let me tell you that I have been flying simulators for over 20 years and this is a great product! It is very realistic and makes it much easier than having to do everything by yourself. We have all been waiting on the advanced aircraft that are now here and it is tough, next to impossible for one person to do everything in the cockpit by the book.  Thank you and your team for the hard work!