Sign in to follow this  
AirProudPilot

Tweaking/getting more fps.

<----------- THIS IS FSX STEAM -------------->

Okay soo whats happend is i had to reinstall windows 10 because while it was updating i had a powercut and when i tried to boot into windows i had a blue screen while i was still running fsx before reinstalling windows i was getting 20-60fps ok high-medium sliders i used the exact same cfg right now but i am not getting the same frames i have use tweaks online etc these are my specs :

GPU/CPU AMD A4-3420 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.8GHZ
RAM 4.0 GB
Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6410D

All drivers are updated to latest verison too any i know i can run FSX with pmdg 737/777 and the airbus at stable FPS but i do not understand why this is happening. I did try to RUN shaders which let me down (but looked  cool) i did uninstall but not working i even had reinstalled it but still help :D

-PS Thanks for help in advanced and happy near year!

Sorry, I viewed, but don't use Windows 10, AMD or Radeon graphics.  I would guess that some others that viewed are in a similar position.

Ernest Pergrem

+1

I would suggest starting with a clean FSX.cfg file - rename the existing one to fsx.cfg.bak and let FSX build a new one.

Bert

First thing is to go with Windows 7 Pro x64. Tried W10 myself but reinstalled W7, and I did not regret it.

Found that W7 is much more reliable on my system than W10.

:-)

Staffan

First thing is to go with Windows 7 Pro x64. Tried W10 myself but reinstalled W7, and I did not regret it.

Thing is in all my other games i get more FPS before i got into Simulation i was running windows 7 but i had a free upgrade soo i did it i might do a dual boot give it a try but i don't know ill wait for more replys ;)

+1

I would suggest starting with a clean FSX.cfg file - rename the existing one to fsx.cfg.bak and let FSX build a new one.

done that many times ;(

Thing is in all my other games i get more FPS ....

That's because all your other games no doubt take advantage of current GPU and CPU horsepower, RAM usage, not to mention latest DirectX tech, unlike a 10 year old sim which was "broken" before DX10.....

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I also like Windows 7, but that is not the cause of the OP's problem.  :Shame On You:

Bert

I also like Windows 7, but that is not the cause of the OP's problem.  :Shame On You:

And how can you be so sure about that? Please share. B) :rolleyes:

Staffan

And how can you be so sure about that? Please share. B) :rolleyes:

Lot of people run FSX on Windows 10 and like it, so that is not the cause of poor performance.

Bert

I am running a Win 10 and AMD GPU system. I custom built it for 4k video editing/rendering so it's pretty beefy. I decided to try out FSX Steam Edition after using the box versions before. Like or dislike Steam, they do keep games/direct x/drivers n stuff up to date for the cutting edge game people. I never ran the boxed FSX on this new machine so I cant compare but a number or people state they get better frame rates with the SE edition. Maybe its the AMD users? It's so cheap anyways recommend you try that and report back. There are so many variables at play here I'm not surprised people haven't responded.

If you get the Steam version you will find lots of friendly tech-savvy gamers into flight simming with FSX on the forums there who post tips to get your particular system tweaked. You can almost hear the collective groans from the community here (and I dont blame them) when they see a question that has been asked so many times and answered in so many ways before over the last TEN years!

Good luck, let us know please if you change/learn anything that helps, don't just post "I fixed it!".

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I had a substantial increase with performance (fps) for my 55 inch 4K TV when I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (note that the graphics are a bit different under a 4K TV than with monitors).  I also run x3 23 inch 1920x1080 LCD monitors, and a slew of flight sim devices.

I've been running Windows 10 Home for about 8 months, and to be honest I wouldn't go back to Windows 7 because of the performance increase I have.  It is fully stable.

Using the Default P3D F-22, I can get 138+ frames per second at the default airfield (EGLIN AFB) with FTX Global/Vector, REX4 and REX5 installed. Subtract frames per usual for adding payware airports and payware airliners.  Though I run with a frame rate limited to 40fps, if I switch to unlimited frames I'm able to sustain 70+ frames in the Aerosoft Airbus (known to be a bit hard on the frames). 

The only tweak I use is Affinity Mask, as I run a host of other software while flying.

SYSTEM:

i7-4770K, non-overclocked, running in Turbo (Boost) Mode up to 4.3 - though I could go up to 4.5 without issues).

GTX960 Graphics Card, pushing the 4K TV and x3 23 inch HD Monitors.

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

<----------- THIS IS FSX STEAM -------------->

Of course I read that before I started my reply but had forgotten by the end of it.

I also run a 55inch 4k tv and TWO monitors (think thats the max my R9 390x can handle) but am not getting the frames Dave is getting.

But..he's running P3D? Or am i getting senile way too early ? :/

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Lot of people run FSX on Windows 10 and like it, so that is not the cause of poor performance.

I can second what Bert said.  I'm running FSX Steam on Windows 10 and getting good performance with my system and that was before the tweaking.

Intel I5 6400 2.7 GHz

8 GB DDR4 Ram

GTX 970

I did also use Xtreme FSX PC to do some tweaking.  It makes it a snap to try things and back-up your fsx.cfg file and save different versions.  I mostly excepted the recommended tweaks and got an improvement in fps over the stock settings.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG