Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Xplane 11 and points of interest mod ability?

Does anyone know if there is a mod or way to show points of interest on the default cockpit view in XP11.. ie:  Aerofly FS2 style, where there are names of cities hovering above the areas.. aerofly does it in a diagonal upward.. very useful in VR.

Another for P3D is POI from FSDT, which works ok as long as you only enable airports more so.. everything else bogs it down in P3D..

So i'm just wondering if there is a similar addon for XP.

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I would love this also. Really miss not having xpoi in XP11. I know there was one such plugin that was knocking around along while back but if memory serves me right, it was only for Mac.

Well, before something like xpoi would be interesting in XP, I'd like to see some actual POI's/landmarks in XP! I really do miss landmarks when flying around Paris or London or whatever city.

Well, before something like xpoi would be interesting in XP, I'd like to see some actual POI's/landmarks in XP! I really do miss landmarks when flying around Paris or London or whatever city.

Not this hard  :wink:  - enter x-plane + london e.g. at Google and you get this. Paris -> here and here. Germany -> here, here and here :Tounge:. Complete island of Madeira (without the airport, but this shouldn't be too hard to find :smile:), <shameless self-praise on> complete island of Santorini (including airport) </shameless self-praise off>, ... simply use a search engine.

P.S. for the sake of completeness: here is the above mentioned POImarker (indeed only for Mac). If there is someone here, having Mac, Windows (and Linux) + programming skills - why not contacting the author and offer him help. That's what made (and makes) the XP community so great.

• Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

FS Discover is a great program for FSX along these lines. I'm currently using P2ATC, which has a nice moving map with ability to select street maps, Google sat, and terrain. It's an easy way to see where I am flying, but it does require a second monitor for best use.

Not this hard

Well... you have to search all over the internet, download various files from various sites, make sure you have the right libraries, make sure the order is ok in the ini, and then you end up with scenery of very varying quality, some very good, some very bad... I don't call that 'not hard'.  :wink: I do love X-Plane but having to enhance the world yourself, and having to do that constantly if you like flying in different places, is a PITA and one of the biggest drawbacks of XP imho. 

On 1/2/2017 at 2:17 AM, theskyisthelimit said:

Does anyone know if there is a mod or way to show points of interest on the default cockpit view in XP11.. ie:  Aerofly FS2 style, where there are names of cities hovering above the areas.. aerofly does it in a diagonal upward.. very useful in VR.

Just released:

xPlaces

venice-1.jpg.b67bacdeb038456e08ecca136ed

Edited by eBag