Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Adding a second monitor in P3D (yes, another one of those!)

Hello all, I need assistance with adding a second monitor. I recently purchased a new PC with a GTX 1070 so I would like to get a 4K monitor. I will keep a second monitor with which I would use to display stuff like ProAtcx map, AS16 etc as well (perhaps) as secondary gauges in flight (GTN 750 etc).

I have read alot about second monitors but little to do with two different GPUS! Would I simply connect the second monitor to the GTX 1070 or can I install the GTX 780 from my old PC (I know it will not be SLI)?

Which would be the better of the two as far as [performance and compatibility with P3D (latest hotfix included)?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mario Di Lauro

All you need to do is plug into your 1070. It will handle both monitors just fine. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Mario , GPU was never the problem with P3D , so I suggest you connect the second monitor to the 1070 and go from there..your whole set will run cooler and less power..

Jorge

Below is a screen shot of my rig with an inferior card (GTX960) running a 55 inch 4K TV and three 23 inch LCD 1080p monitors.  You should be fine!

Dave%27s%204th%20Monitor%20Added%20Back.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Below is a screen shot of my rig with an inferior card (GTX960) running a 55 inch 4K TV and three 23 inch LCD 1080p monitors.  You should be fine!

Dave no kidding!!! 1 card running 4 screens plus 4k. Are there any problems like frame rate hits?What other addons u use. I have a 980 but I use another system to run a screen.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

No problems at all. 138+ fps in default P3D F-22 at Eglin AFB, I get average 25 to 40fps at high end pay ware airports in high end payware commercial airliners (Examples: Aerosoft Airbus, Aerosoft CRJ-700/900).

This includes running a stream, Avilasoft EFB and other software concurrently with P3D.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Quick question. I just added a 4k monitor along with my hd monitor. I was hoping I could drag p3d gauges from the 4k to the hd. Am I grasping at straws?

Mario Di Lauro