Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Retro Air Canada 747 Departing Frankfurt

Hello, using Steve Dra's newest repaint, the red & white & maroon (?) Air Canada 747-400 combi departing Frankfurt enroute to Toronto

Starting at the gate with one old and two new Air Canada widebodies, plus the -400's older brother, the -8i in Lufthansa colours

tRjorPf.jpg

It's a busy morning at EDDF as we make our way to the runway.  The aircraft that would eclipse the 747 as the largest passenger aircraft in the skies is readying for take off

S5FXBgs.jpg

Boeing of old, meet Boeing of new

aMQzLr8.jpg

Rotate!

SBaxzkb.jpg

Breaking through the clouds on climb out

aYah4Mt.jpg

Nearing cruise

Co4Kn0a.jpg

Unfortunately I had a CTD somewhere over the North Atlantic otherwise I'd have some shots of my arrival in Toronto.  I seem to get CTD's over the North Atlantic with this aircraft more than any other, and always over the North Atlantic, strange.

Thanks Steve for a great repaint!  Brings back many good memories from my childhood.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks Steve for a great repaint!  Brings back many good memories from my childhood.

Thanks.  Great shots and it was my pleasure painting her.  I like the livery as well (best ACA paint IMO), good to see others enjoying her.

Boeing of old, meet Boeing of new

It's so strange that I've flown on a 787 twice now (both the -8 and -9), but never on a 747.  I guess I better get busy and find a 747 commercial flight before the only way I'll get to fly in one would be as freight, or go back in the military or as the president!  :sad:

I seem to get CTD's over the North Atlantic with this aircraft more than any other, and always over the North Atlantic, strange.

If its not induced by a impending OOM, I've heard that sometimes corrupt waypoints can cause this.  Have you updated your airac cycle lately?  Do you notice its around the same area everytime?  That could also indicate a hosed up BGL, sadly those are much harder to track down.

I heard a rumor that some goofy painter also sent you a link to his completed KLM livery too by mistake. :Whistle:   You'd be the 1st to fly it other than me while we wait for it to post over at the flight1 library.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks Steve, I had about 800GB of VAS remaining when I left the cockpit to go shovel the driveway, but I wouldn't think there would be anything out in the middle of the ocean that would have pushed it up further?  I'll have to take note of my coordinates next time it happens and see if there's a particular location/area where it occurs.  

Thanks for the KLM reminder, I've been thinking of picking up Fly Tamps's EHAM...sure would go nice with the repaint!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I remember those days.

nebojsa