Sign in to follow this  
canders2

Atlas Air 747 passenger version paint request

Here are a few more progress shots.

Sorry it seems to be talking long guys but I have real world conflicts and I'm trying to add details that will give it that in-service look (in addition to getting some of the little details exactly right)

So here you see I added grime streaks to the bottom of the doors...and the all-important upper pax door...which always seems to have those streaks!

Also note I painted the lower VHF antenna with the correct red stripes (I hope Brian is noting that as he tends to do a few pre-flight walk arounds on these birds.)  :wink:

I'm still working on the bottom gray area.  This pic was taken at sunrise, hence the warm tones, hehe.

Xg1L7n.jpg

Made sure I painted the cockpit egress door blue and added the streaks you see on the real one.  Also added a bit more detailing to the pax doors.

ZBGt47.jpg

I have the winglets almost done and the logos on them are interesting....with this livery you can't just "mirror" or "flip" our man Atlas because he has same stance on each side.  If you look at real pics of the plane, you'll notice he's kneeling on his right knee.  On the left side of the plane, that makes the "short" leg facing forward.  On the right side however, its aft.

So if you flip or mirror this logo (like we typically do as painters since it's commonly the same on each side) for the other side, it won't be right.  :shok:    In addition...all the logos you see from the left...the tail, the left outboard winglet and right inboard winglet, all face the same way.  Same goes for the other side. :Silly:

Anyway..I really enjoyed this shot of the winglet and wanted to share it with you.

PdOO5V.jpg

I can't believe how many pics I looked at for this paint and up until last night, never noticed how the Atlas logo is different.  The guys who got a preview of the paint will note that their version has the logo wrong as Steve did what most painters would and "Assumed" that the logo could just be mirrored. LOL!  I hope to have it uploading to the Avsim library this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve realy great work mate , i love it B) 

;-)

can you make the BCF version too please ?

n429mc-atlas-air-boeing-747-481bcf_Plane

and this one ?

89929_1461771002.jpg

Thanks

best regards

I think she's done!  Now comes the hardest part...packaging and uploading.  :Sick:  I'll get that done by this evening...hopefully she'll make it into the next upload cycle.

2 inflight shots for you to gaze at while I get her ready....

limG9X.jpg

Z2Sz9m.jpg

Hi Steve realy great work mate , i love it  

;-)

can you make the BCF version too please ?

Those are a possibility Chris...let me clear out the paint hangar a bit...shifting focus on 2 Lufty's that I want to push out as well.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I have already flown her halfway around the world so far doing troop transports. Getting my flights off of FlightAware. Just type in the tail number and select a flight! Keepin' it real, baby!

I have already flown her halfway around the world so far doing troop transports. Getting my flights off of FlightAware. Just type in the tail number and select a flight! Keepin' it real, baby!

For those interested. If you go to the PFPX website you get get the template for Atlas/Polar and I'm guessing Southern. Just make sure you get the v2 variant. It's VERY accurate as to what we use on the line. Working with a guy to update it again with the latest updates PFPX has released. If you have topcat it also includes the FDP (Flight Deck Performance/ACARS).

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Great to hear you're enjoying her Chris.  Check your IM  :wink:

For those interested. If you go to the PFPX website you get get the template for Atlas/Polar and I'm guessing Southern. Just make sure you get the v2 variant. It's VERY accurate as to what we use on the line. Working with a guy to update it again with the latest updates PFPX has released. If you have topcat it also includes the FDP (Flight Deck Performance/ACARS).

Fantastic info Brian...thanks for making the hobby that more realistic (I try with my brush...I'd have no clue about the actual numbers on the big girl) :shok:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yeah this one is very good! 

Using it all the time when flying as GTI/PAC!

It is amazingly realistic, and yes I have seen a real one as well! :)

Did I miss the final release?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Did I miss the final release?

Nope....still wrapping it up.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Great to hear you're enjoying her Chris.  Check your IM  :wink:

Fantastic info Brian...thanks for making the hobby that more realistic (I try with my brush...I'd have no clue about the actual numbers on the big girl) :shok:

I try to make my contribution where I can. FS has been a hobby of mine before I started flying at 15.  It also provided some sort of profienciency when I couldn't afford to fly in my early twenties.  Now its just a way for me to keep my nose in the book asI talk systems and SOPs with people.  Unfortunately my contributions are few and far between and usually not actually seen so overtly :-)  Its not about the actual numbers.  Its just the OFB format.  When I create an aircraft to use with the my PFPX flight plan I just take the numbers provided by the publisher as to avoid any compatibility issues.  Attached is a sample of what myself and this gentlemen did together (mainly him I provided resources and a starting point as I was working on one myself at the same time).

32581504350_89dd790d53_c.jpg

• Upvote 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Thanks to Tiago91 he updated the OFP once again along with the FDP.  I recommend it for any and all your flying.  Its completely authenticate to the extent that PFPX allows and professionaly and logically laid out.  Allows for ETOPS and B343 ops or short range flying as well.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3641-atlas-air-gti-polar-air-cargo-pac-ofp-v21-2017/

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Just sent to the library guys...should be in next upload cycle.  Thanks to Brian T for the input on some minor fixes to make her right.

C5gDmr.jpg

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg