Sign in to follow this  
BoeingPilot747

Cargo Doors won't open

Hello! The new 747 is working perfectly well but there is one major problem. My Cargo Doors won't open. I've set the Wheel Chocks and the Parking Brake as well as put the loader nearby the doors.
The passenger door is working with no issues. What can I do?

What can I do?

Welcome to the forum. We include a pretty comprehensive Intro Manual that explains a lot of the common issues that people might not understand right out of the gate. Usually, you can load it right from the Operations Center, but for some reason that's not working at the moment. You can find it by navigating to <your simulator's folder>\PMDG\747 QOtS\Flight Manuals.

The manual notes that you need to have one of the GENs set to AVAIL (not in use) in order for the doors to open. So, if your APU is on, use APU L for power, and leave APU R at AVAIL. Same goes for the GPU.

Also: full names - first and last - are required in the forum.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

The manual notes that you need to have one of the GENs set to AVAIL (not in use) in order for the doors to open. So, if your APU is on, use APU L for power, and leave APU R at AVAIL. Same goes for the GPU.

Kyle - do you have this text set to a hot key yet?

Kyle - do you have this text set to a hot key yet?

I should - I need to write up the canned text for the support system.

Kyle Rodgers

My money is on this being to most often question asked.

Dan Downs KCRP

My money is on this being to most often question asked.

yep  wish  ii  had  a dollar  on every post that  users  ask  and  that  the  answer are in the introduction manual :Tounge: ​ guess  users  cant  be  bothered  to read the intro for  unknown  reasons  yet  to be determined :Tounge:  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I must a admit I had a too quick look at the introduction manual, did not see it, then searched the forums and arrived here. My doors are now open. I plead guilty.

Hello,

QOTSII is one heck of a ship! I'm unable to assign 'Key' commands for the cargo doors. Within the -400F 'Differences' manual (pg 13-10) and using the FSX tool bar as instructed by the verbiage - when I highlight PMDG it does not display the keyboard assignment table for the doors nor is 'PMDG/General/Keyboard Commands' visible!! Am I doing something wrong here? In fact, there's nothing there except for 'About PMDG'????? Any ideas, anyone? Thanks

Richard Rice

Regards,

Richard Rice

Read the Introduction and note the section on FS Actions.  Doors are controlled by the CDU.  Key commands are also assigned in the CDU under PMDG Options but doors are not included.

Dan Downs KCRP