Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Reversers are spinning the aircraft

Hello @ll,

on P3D 3.4:

I have a center console that has separate controls for all 4 thrust levers and all 4 reversers. As usual I have assigned the 8 axis through FSUIPC to the corresponding controls in P3D.

- when I am pulling the 4 reversers, the whole 747 model starts pirouetting madly on the spot, blowing all tires in the process.

- when using the "classic" option by just pressing and holding F2 this does not happen.

My setup usually works, for example I don't have any problems with the NGX or the 777.

Did anyone come across this too - did I miss something in the documentation?

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Sounds odd!

To aid in researching/duplication internally- can you give me an idea what hardware you have and what you are using to connect it to the sim and to our airplane?  FSUIPC? Some module provided by the hardware developer, etc?

Give me as much detail as you can- and I'll see if I can't duplicate the behavior...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello Robert,

many thanks for your reply. TBH, this isn't much of an issue for me, I think that I can work around that somehow. But it may be a real problem if someone is using the Queen in a more elaborate/professional setup, so I thought that I should let you know.

I am a little nonplussed myself, what I am seeing should not be possible in normal (non-slew) simulator mode, unless there is programmatic interference from a DLL/gauge/SimConnect client of some kind (= something external spinning the aircraft). The hardware is bog standard, basically two CH throttle quadrants set at an angle. The assignment was done with FSUIPC alone, all controllers are deactivated in P3D.

The reversers seem to spool up normally on the engine display too, just like they do with F2.

I will do a few more tests tonight and gather more information.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

So I went ahead and did a few more tests. The issue is consistent, I can reproduce it every time. Just loading up the N744GE on a runway, and without touching anything else pulling back my reverser levers will send her into a wild spin.

I have bought and installed the 747 package only yesterday and I didn't tweak or set up anything except EZCA and FSUIPC. But my simulator setup is rather extensive, and cross-compatibility issues cannot be ruled out.

Should I submit a ticket? I could send you my configuration files and I have created a ".fsr" recording of the proceedings (I just can't record videos on my main flight simulator machine).

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

So I went ahead and did a few more tests. The issue is consistent, I can reproduce it every time. Just loading up the N744GE on a runway, and without touching anything else pulling back my reverser levers will send her into a wild spin.

Pull the FSUIPC.ini out of the <Sim Root> \modules folder and put it in your <Sim Root> folder. Start the sim and try it again.

If the problem disappears, it's an issue with FSUIPC.

Kyle Rodgers

This is an axis assignment and calibration issue.  I have used FSUIPC with my PFC Cirrus II Console since initial beta without similar reverse consequences.  Please double check all assignments carefully.

HTH

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Problem solved.

When using separate, full-range axis for all reversers, the actual range of controller values has to be limited to a certain maximum. Otherwise the reversers become more powerful than even the main thrust (at least by an order of magnitude).

Other things that I have noticed while troubleshooting:

- Right after loading the aircraft, the reverser levers 2,3,4 will deploy the spoilers too, while reverser 1 does not (pulled with the mouse, not with the controllers). Strangely enough, after a few minutes playing with the thrust levers, suddenly none of the reversers delopys the spoilers.

- When I pull up the reversers with the mouse, I cannot pull them through their full range. As soon as they are pretty much vertical, I can only nudge them on with single mouse clicks (left = up, right = down).

Both aren't issues for me, I'm just posting them for information.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI