Sign in to follow this  
Chok

A couple of questions/issues

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

I want to learn procedures in fs9 with the PMDG 747 to start. I have both sim in the PC. I will try on the V3 tonight. Thanks for help me on this.

Okay, so that's actually the V1 if you're using FS9. The fuel loader you found is only accessible in the simulator. The payload editor is not actually built into the simulator, so to find it, you go to your main FS9 folder, go into the PMDG folder, and you'll see it right there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Okay, so that's actually the V1 if you're using FS9. The fuel loader you found is only accessible in the simulator. The payload editor is not actually built into the simulator, so to find it, you go to your main FS9 folder, go into the PMDG folder, and you'll see it right there.

I am talking about the PMDG Load Manager to setup Fuel weight, Pax, Cargo and to Check zero fuel Wt. Since is difficult I will change the tutorial. I will do the tutorial from http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/  instead. Thanks to this tutorial is how I was be able to do takeoff and landings. But doing this tutorial again will refresh something I missed.

Craig Read tutorial can wait.

Patricio Valdes

14 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I am talking about the PMDG Load Manager to setup Fuel weight, Pax, Cargo and to Check zero fuel Wt.

I know that. I just told you how to get to it. I thought you were running the Boeing 747-400 V2, which is FSX only, which I don't have, that's why I wasn't able to help you with that earlier. Then you said you were trying to do this in FS9, and that's the Boeing 747-400 V1, which I do have.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

20 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

My Captain Kevin, from \Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\PMDG\ folder I only have 747400_LoadManager and 747400F_LoadManager EXE files. I don't have paidload editor. I have the DVD installer and the setup didn't leave that editor.

Patricio Valdes

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

My Captain Kevin, from \Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\PMDG\ folder I only have 747400_LoadManager and 747400F_LoadManager EXE files. I don't have paidload editor. I have the DVD installer and the setup didn't leave that editor.

That 747400_LoadManager is it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

3 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

That 747400_LoadManager is it.

OK The Load Manager allows me only to adjust Fuel weight. How to enter Pax Wt, Cargo Wt and Zero Fuel Wt?

Patricio Valdes

28 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

OK The Load Manager allows me only to adjust Fuel weight. How to enter Pax Wt, Cargo Wt and Zero Fuel Wt?

You can't really change the zero fuel weight on its own. To change the rest, you have two options. Either select one of the five options (No passengers, 1/3, 2/3, full, or random) or just start clicking on the seats and the cargo containers. As you change these options, you'll see the zero fuel weight change accordingly. When you're satisfied with your configuration, click save to file.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

You can't really change the zero fuel weight on its own. To change the rest, you have two options. Either select one of the five options (No passengers, 1/3, 2/3, full, or random) or just start clicking on the seats and the cargo containers. As you change these options, you'll see the zero fuel weight change accordingly. When you're satisfied with your configuration, click save to file.

Craig Read Tutorial EGLL KLAX says:

Setting Up the Flight Simulation Before we start the flight, we must setup the Microsoft Flight simulator and the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies simulation. Load the PMDG 747-400 load manager and set up the following as your weights:

1. Fuel weight 151,600Kgs
2. Pax Wt of 21969Kgs
3. Cargo Wt 31760Kgs 4. Check the Zero Fuel Wt is 232,535Kgs
Make sure the values are correct and then click save to file.

So, the required values can't be entered. But I can try your directions to see if Craig tutorial works for me

Enjoy your next flight tonight with a big glass of soda.

Patricio Valdes

5 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Setting Up the Flight Simulation Before we start the flight, we must setup the Microsoft Flight simulator and the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies simulation. Load the PMDG 747-400 load manager and set up the following as your weights:

1. Fuel weight 151,600Kgs
2. Pax Wt of 21969Kgs
3. Cargo Wt 31760Kgs 4. Check the Zero Fuel Wt is 232,535Kgs
Make sure the values are correct and then click save to file.

So, the required values can't be entered. But I can try your directions to see if Craig tutorial works for me

I guess the tutorial assumed you knew how to work the load manager. Probably the easiest way to do this is to select full passengers, then start clicking on cargo containers and passenger seats to bring your weight down accordingly.

5 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Enjoy your next flight tonight with a big glass of soda.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be doing any flying tonight. Some of us actually have jobs in the morning.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

I just found the tutorial in question, and Craig's tutorial does state that you need to have a reasonable knowledge of the aircraft. Given the number of things I have had to explain to you, I should point out that you might need to get a better understanding of the aircraft first before you try the tutorial. There were several basic things I had to explain to you, like the fact that N1 is a unit given in percentage rather than knots, so I don't want you trying to follow a tutorial only to get frustrated by not understanding the systems.

Of course, up to you what you decide to do. I didn't really get a chance to read the whole thing.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I just found the tutorial in question, and Craig's tutorial does state that you need to have a reasonable knowledge of the aircraft. Given the number of things I have had to explain to you, I should point out that you might need to get a better understanding of the aircraft first before you try the tutorial. There were several basic things I had to explain to you, like the fact that N1 is a unit given in percentage rather than knots, so I don't want you trying to follow a tutorial only to get frustrated by not understanding the systems.

Of course, up to you what you decide to do. I didn't really get a chance to read the whole thing.

My dear Captain Kevin, indeed I should say never had a so great help you provided me all this time since the beginning  of my questions in this room. As I said before I am learning more from your directions than  other tutorials. But, of course I don't want to interrupt your time. So, I am trying to do tutorials to learn further now. On the another hand I wonder if you don't drink wine and water then  I would say the desert from Arabia won't affect you. Not coffee, red wine and water won't make a happy flight. I do flight with a big good cup of coffee but not sugar... aha!

Patricio Valdes

I never said I don't drink water, so no idea where you got that idea. In any event, I would highly recommend doing whatever tutorial there is that would help, but Craig's tutorial assumes you have a relatively good understanding of the aircraft. Having seen some of your posts about even basic things, I'm not sure if you have a good understanding of the aircraft or not, so what I am saying is you should really get more familiar with the aircraft first before you try that tutorial. If there was any tutorial out there that explained the systems of the aircraft, I'd certainly recommend doing them, but Craig's tutorial assumes you are already familiar with the aircraft. I'd say perhaps start with the FCOM, which describes the systems of the plane. I know it's a lot of pages, but you'll get an idea as to what systems are on the plane and how they work. Once you have a better understanding of the plane, then you can go ahead and try Craig's tutorial. I would hate to see you try to do the tutorial and get frustrated over not understanding the plane.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

My dear Captain Kevin, indeed I should say never had a so great help you provided me all this time since the beginning  of my questions in this room. As I said before I am learning more from your directions than  other tutorials. But, of course I don't want to interrupt your time. So, I am trying to do tutorials to learn further now. On the another hand I wonder if you don't drink wine and water then  I would say the desert from Arabia won't affect you. Not coffee, red wine and water won't make a happy flight. I do flight with a big good cup of coffee but not sugar... aha!

I'll have what he's having. :blink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

hi there.

Im disabling HYD1 AUX Pump (on the RR Freighter version) but the 'AUX' inscription remains there unlike GE Pax version (didnt check other variants)i59ez.gif

38 minutes ago, keight said:

hi there.

Im disabling HYD1 AUX Pump (on the RR Freighter version) but the 'AUX' inscription remains there unlike GE Pax version (didnt check other variants)

This does appear to be an issue that needs to be brought to PMDG's attention

There are a few issues with your comment, however, that might prevent it from being seen. First, it's on page 8 of a topic that deals with all kinds of other issues. Second, this is mainly a customer-to-customer support forum so it's less likely to receive attention from someone from PMDG. The best way to make PMDG aware of a potential problem is to submit a ticket on their support page here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

If you've never opened a ticket with PMDG, you'll need to create a new account there (click on the "register" button on the top right) because support accounts are separate from the one you created to purchase the aircraft.

Walter Meier