Sign in to follow this  
dbvetter

I can't Unregister 747 .... for re-install

I have a question about the Unregister option in the FMC,   I have to re-install P3D thus the addon's.  But I can't get into P3D (something hosed it) to unregister the 747 and 737 NGX.

Will I be able to reinstall the PMDG planes after I re-install P3D?

As noted in the Intro, reinstalls DO NOT require a license return. DO NOT do this. Sorry for the all caps, but if you do stuff when you're not supposed to, the system sees it as abnormal and will eventually lock you out. At that point you have to submit a ticket to us to override it, which delays your flights unnecessarily.

Only times to return the license:

Changing computers

Changing hardware (HDDs, SSDs, mobos)

Reinstalling your entire operating system

No other times.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

pmdg is very good at getting back with people on tickets. i am on disability so i get bored easy. i constantly change my hardware.every cycle when a cpu or new motherboard comes out. i am getting ready in the next month to install some m.2 drives and i have had issues unregistering all my pmdg planes, i have at times just uninstalled pmdg products which i shouldn't have without unregistering first. sorry for the ramble, but they will take care of you, they always have me.i have set a record now, when i installed the 747 i haven't uninstalled it for any reason yet. 

I have a question that's related to this activation procedure: on how many computers can you install a copy? 

I have a desktop and laptop and would like to use the 747 on both computers. Is that possible?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I have a question that's related to this activation procedure: on how many computers can you install a copy? 

I have a desktop and laptop and would like to use the 747 on both computers. Is that possible?

No, you could have started a separate thread.

Read the EULA. You are allowed to install on two computers as long as they are your computers and you are the only user.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, you could have started a separate thread.

Read the EULA. You are allowed to install on two computers as long as they are your computers and you are the only user.

My apologies for not creating a new thread. 

I'll read the EULA more carefully in the future. Thanks for helping me out though.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

As noted in the Intro, reinstalls DO NOT require a license return. DO NOT do this. Sorry for the all caps, but if you do stuff when you're not supposed to, the system sees it as abnormal and will eventually lock you out. At that point you have to submit a ticket to us to override it, which delays your flights unnecessarily.

Only times to return the license:

Changing computers

Changing hardware (HDDs, SSDs, mobos)

Reinstalling your entire operating system

No other times.

I recently reinstalled my OS and it activated just fine?

Arjen,

Not sure what you're getting at here. The moral of the story is this:

• Only return the license in the cases we've specified; and
  • Don't abuse your license by activating it over and over again, or on multiple computers

...and you'll be fine

Kyle Rodgers

Hello all, 

I'd like to chime in since this topic has a link with my concern. Just last month my main FSX hdd had the dreaded "click" noise, which then lead to my hdd dying out. Of course I wasn't able to gain access into FSX and deregister my copy of the NGX and 777. Since then I have installed a new HDD replacement, and also reinstalled FSX, but haven't got round to installing all of my addons yet. Would I run into any issues with my licence down the line when I eventually reinstall my pmdg products? 
Or will it still be ok as I've still got the same system i.e motherboard, cpu etc? 

Many thanks,

Mykel Talab

Would I run into any issues with my licence down the line when I eventually reinstall my pmdg products?

Worse case scenario is you submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support and they usually solve your problem within a day.

Dan Downs KCRP

Worse case scenario is you submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support and they usually solve your problem within a day.

Cheers for the reply Dan. Yeah I think I'll just go ahead and bite the bullet, and redownload my products and install them, then if the outcome is for the worse, I'll submit a ticket. Thank you..