Sign in to follow this  
Hangman

Flight Attendant Alert Switch

Hello

Can anybody confirm what the function of the 'flight attendant alert' switch is? It is labelled with words to that affect, no access to the sim at the moment and can't find any screenshots or mention in the FCOM to show you? It is located at the very rear of the pedestal below the intercom selector panel.

I am guessing that in the real aircraft, where fitted, it illuminates something in the galley/door areas to request their seats are taken?

Hi,

On the freighter version, I know there is the main deck signalling switch under the call panel at the rear of the pedestal panel.
If it is the switch you are also thinking of, the reference in the FCOM with explanations is page 1.45.1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain, sorry for the delayed response - I wanted to get in-sim to show everybody the function I am wondering about. This is on the BA 747.

FAA.png

Hi,

I have found some reference to that switch in B747 checklists on internet. It might be to inform the FA whether the cockpit is sterile.

But on the checklists I found, it is said:

AFTER TAKEOFF / CLIMB CHECK

[]

FLIGHT ATTENDANT ADVISORY……………… ON

APPROACH CHECK

[]

FLIGHT ATTENDANT ADVISORY............................ ……………………………… ..COCKPIT IS STERILE

PARKING CHECK

FLIGHT ATTENDANT ADVISORY… ....................... ……………………………………… ...NON-STERILE

I'm not really sure how to interprete that!

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

It's certainly an odd one. I think that BA (variant I took the screenshot in) still use the non-smoking sign to chime the cabin before departure and landing, hence I don't think it's used for those purposes :S

It makes sense to me that the purpose is to signal the cabin crew that the cockpit is sterile.  Exactly when we go sterile is up to the operator, I can imagine anytime we're below 10,000 is a good time. No laptops, casual discussions or interruptions from the cabin.  However, I can also imagine a policy that only covers departure and approaches.  I've done some googling of this topic too and haven't found much.

Dan Downs KCRP