Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

World Traffic 2 - How Not To Go Insane?

On 3/2/2017 at 7:12 PM, Kuragiman said:

Great info.   That sounds much much better.   I don't need exact flight schedules.. I just need my airports filled and the skies a little busy at the click of the button.   I'm not demanding anything... lol.     I look forward to this upgrade.

I agree, I don't need exact schedules either.  At this time, traffic is one of the biggest things lacking in XP when compared to P3D/FSX.  I do hope that WT3 is more "plug and play" similar to what is available in the P3D/FSX.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

On 3/3/2017 at 6:18 AM, Kuragiman said:

Oh!  Classicjetsims, one question about WT3 that lingers.    Will it be aware of the users aircraft before spawning in traffic?   Almost every time I've used WT2 a plane always spawns in at the gate I start at.   Is this a limitation of XP11?  Bad airport design work?   WT2 unable to know the position of the player's aircraft and flag that gate as non-spawnable?

Currently in WT2, you have to select what gate you're using through the ATC interface.  When you do that it knows not to spawn a plane there.  The problem is that in X-Plane, the user's aircraft position is referenced to the aircraft c of g which is close to the main wheels so it's not often close to the gate position, at least for large aircraft.  I guess I'll have to add in some fancy logic to calculate the aircraft's approximate nosewheel position and see if it's within a few meters of the gate position.

On 2/28/2017 at 9:00 PM, Kuragiman said:

As I feared... lot of manual setup on the end-users side.   I guess it is what it is.  This is one of the areas I think X-Plane is weak in... Ai Traffic.  Way to much crap to do to get a single airport up and running decently.  FSX/P3D just reads the AFCAD, looks at the taxi network and directs traffic.  Nothing to it.     

I'll try out Xgrc.  Not use to running Python stuff and I think I am missing Python 3.0+.   If it can get some basic ground routes I'll be happy enough.   I did build a ground route map today for MZBZ in Belize but was unable to get the ground routes into WT2.   Lot's of nice traffic AROUND the Houston area though.

Yep. I love X-Plane but there is ZERO programs like MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic, Traffic 360. The closest is X-Life but that depends on whoever fills in the map with routes. Since I fly mostly in Europe that's ok but it is worlds apart as is WT2 from the aforementioned AI traffic programs for P3D/FSX.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb