clive6354

Which Specification for P3D ??

Hello

I am buying a new system which will have an I7-7  processor and a Nvidia 1080 Graphics Card  for use with P3D and FSX SE (using PMDG and FSLABS aircraft)

I have a choice of Asus X99 or Gigabyte X99 motherbaords.  Is there any preference (Asus is cheaper)?

I have selected to have 32Gb Ram, however to save on cost I may go for 16Gb Ram.  Will I have any advantage of having 32GB or  will 16Gb suffice

Advice welcome

Clive Alexander

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On RAM: I built a new system a few months ago and went for 32 GB RAM. 16 GB might be sufficient for FSX or Prepar3d3. However, should you ever want to run XP11 or the upcoming Prepar3d4 or Dovetail simulator which are expected to be 64 Bits you will need the 32 GB.

Kind regards, Michael

16gb will suffice just get fast ram

That and a fast ssd

Cpu wise Imho 7700k is the fastest cpu atm (single thread)

Not sure which CPU you are going to use...i7-7 is clearly a typo...but with an X99 motherboard, that means an expensive LGA2011 socket CPU.  You'd get a lot more bang for your buck with an i7-7700K, but not on an X99 mobo.

I agree with Michael on RAM...I put 32GB into my most recent build; I currently use half of that as a giant disk cache (makes multiple restarts when testing go much quicker), and it's future-proof for whatever may come in the 64GB arena.

Regards