Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Aerosoft PANC and P3Dv3.4

With the release of PMDG747 I'm just wondering whether these two (AS PANC and P3D) could be friends. 

Thanks

I wouldn't call them close friends but they get along...

I have it working basically in P3DV3.

I don't have advanced objects like trains and moving taxiway gates at Lake Hood but the basic scenery works ok.

I have all bgls for Lake Hood disabled when I fly into PANC to save FPS and VAS. Even with Lake Hood disabled, I cannot combine it with Orbx SAK when flying a VAS demanding aircraft.

I am really eager for a new version of PANC and Lake Hood. Aerosoft? Orbx?

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Perhaps I should go ahead and try it myself.

I use it with no problems. But you will have some VAS issues in the area if you run with everything such as ORBX Freeware Airports and Northern Alaska Region.. Pretty much same old story you have to deal with when flying into SFO or SEA applies here in Anchorage.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

If you have ORBX SAK follow their compatibility instructions. I love PANC and especially the neighbored strip as well as the seaplane base. It's too bad that Aersosoft/Simwings are not going to update that beautiful scenery. Some nice features are missing in P3D.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

IMG_1926-Edit-XL.jpgThere is so much to love about Anchorage and Alaska its only reasonable one of the busiest freight airports in the world gets updated.

Whats not to love..

Darren Howie

I have been using PANC with Orbx SAC and the PMDG 737NGX without difficulty. I have just the airport active and have disabled the photo scenery, relying on Orbx SAC for the surrounding area. Directions are in the Orbx compatibility forum. 

Greg

• Upvote 2

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

6 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I have been using PANC with Orbx SAC and the PMDG 737NGX without difficulty. I have just the airport active and have disabled the photo scenery, relying on Orbx SAC for the surrounding area. Directions are in the Orbx compatibility forum. 

Greg

+1

Dan Downs KCRP