Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

10 hours ago, CaptainLychock said:

Thanks for the input, I read the OC, I did exactly what it said. I just have no notification on the gear or anything considering a update for the 747.

I'm confused by your use of "no notification on the gear." What do you mean by this?

When you open the OC, is there not a red bar at the top that says you have "X notifications?" We've updated the OC a few times in the last few weeks. That update is required in order to have the updater function.

Kyle Rodgers

Okay, so I switched to Windows 10 and that seemed to cure the update issue for me.

Regards

21 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm confused by your use of "no notification on the gear." What do you mean by this?

When you open the OC, is there not a red bar at the top that says you have "X notifications?" We've updated the OC a few times in the last few weeks. That update is required in order to have the updater function.

I have the same issue since OC update the QOS was not updated and no update is offered by OC ?

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Closed windows defender and windows firewall, hit update button, small black screen showed activity for about 60 seconds and then closed, went into P3D and fired up the 747 and all is well, thanks. 

I was concerned over the updated wheel hub textures but they all still look the same to me on my paints.

Checked version and it states "Installed Version 3.00.8189"  and "Available Version 3.00.8189" so it must be up to date. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I just updated from a working previous update to 8189 and now ive got no electricals, gear is up and im floating .. No problems now with the auto updater except that the update killed my jet..

Hoping the next update fixes the fix..

1 hour ago, jwf069 said:

Hoping the next update fixes the fix..

While this may seem logical to you, it isn't actually the issue. The fix didn't break your jet. Your AV or your internet did. You AV program, or your internet connection corrupted the download (likely the former over the latter).

Simply redownload the aircraft from your account, make sure to exclude the Operations Center from scanning by your anti-virus software, and try the updater again.

2 hours ago, Alaaar said:

I have the same issue since OC update the QOS was not updated and no update is offered by OC ?

What version is the OC reporting that you have? Is the OC itself reporting that there is an update? If not, go into the OC's folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center) and delete everything EXCEPT the [...]updater.exe, and then run the updater (as an admin).

Kyle Rodgers

I did wonder whether that may be the case when I just checked whether it updated again and yet shows the prev version when clearly to me Id updated. 

Thanks Kyle Ill do as you suggest..

Cheers mate.

On 3/16/2017 at 3:38 PM, scandinavian13 said:

While this may seem logical to you, it isn't actually the issue. The fix didn't break your jet. Your AV or your internet did. You AV program, or your internet connection corrupted the download (likely the former over the latter).

Simply redownload the aircraft from your account, make sure to exclude the Operations Center from scanning by your anti-virus software, and try the updater again.

What version is the OC reporting that you have? Is the OC itself reporting that there is an update? If not, go into the OC's folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center) and delete everything EXCEPT the [...]updater.exe, and then run the updater (as an admin).

It worked this time thank you Kyle :) 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

23 minutes ago, Alaaar said:

It worked this time thank you Kyle :) 

Glad to hear it.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Well after thinking " I better wait" last night I just did, all went well no dramas at all.

Forums!!!! 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hello,

When can we expect the updates that are new on the 747 to be ported to the 777?

Thank you!

Yori Smulders

• Upvote 1

On 12/04/2017 at 4:02 AM, Yori Smulders said:

Hello,

When can we expect the updates that are new on the 747 to be ported to the 777?

Thank you!

Yori Smulders

Probably after the 747-8i releases, I would think..

4 hours ago, 77west said:

Probably after the 747-8i releases, I would think..

...and after we sort out some of the updater issues, since that will be the primary method of delivery, I'd imagine. I think this will happen before the 748, though.

Kyle Rodgers

On 13-4-2017 at 2:11 PM, scandinavian13 said:

...and after we sort out some of the updater issues, since that will be the primary method of delivery, I'd imagine. I think this will happen before the 748, though.

Okay thank you. Sounds like it will not be next month.