Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[11MAR17] Real Time Product Updating for PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II

I do hope you are correct but half afraid to do the update myself.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

From what I see, unless you have modified pmdg_747X_gears.dds you will be fine.

That texture is in the SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\texture.common400 folder.

If that does not reside in your custom texture folder, the plane will take the texture from the common folder, and not affect your paints.

17 hours ago, Ayster said:

so should we hold off updating the P3D version?

Absolutely, the update has caused me all kinds of problems.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

Absolutely, the update has caused me all kinds of problems.

Hang on Chris, thats a little unfair. The majority have had no issues... Are you having installation issues or usability issues? Apart from a long-ish download, I have already completed a full flight on VATSIM with no issues. 

After the update in P3D just all black cockpit screens and none of the buttons/switches work.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

After the update in P3D just all black cockpit screens and none of the buttons/switches work.

This sounds like an activation issue, Simconnect issue or (unlikely) shader issue. I always delete my shader cache after updates to let it re-generate, but I believe your issue will be simconnect / activation related. I am sure PMDG will be able to help.

I know you probably do run as administrator, but I got caught out on the FSLabs A320 a while back where I updated P3D and it deleted and re-created my P3D shortcut, removing the run as admin flag.

Just an idea.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I had the same issue. I had to edit the security permissions on the P3D folder and give users modify permissions. The gauges and interface wouldn't install otherwise.

Try that and run the update again.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

How do I run the update again?  Cheers.

spacer.png

H

14 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Just updated as per the posted instructions (platform P3D v3). Updater posted successful results and version shows up as correct. The problem I have is that the airplane systems do not initialize. All gauges are black and controls inoperable. It's as if the product has not activated. Any ideas? It seems like a simconnect issue, but only for the 747 since the gauges are black with no landing gear. The 777 works perfectly. I've ran all the simconnect installers again without luck.

Good day. With reference to my earlier post, I have the same issue. Have run all the simconnect installers but this is not the issue since my other PMDG models work correctly. Any quick fix would be welcome. Otherwise I think we will need to re-install the aircraft using the original installer. And any info would be welcome as to how to avoid this happening in the future.

Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hello

I can understand the idea behind this new updating system via the ops center however it raises a couple of questions for me.

1. Would be really useful to get a clear indication of the file size thats going to be downloaded  before commencing the updating process as for those of us who have average internet speed connections 700 plus meg can take many hours so knowing the size might affect when we choose to update etc etc.

2. If for any reason we may need to reinstal the whole product again it would seem that we will need to go through the whole updating process again including re downloading the 700 meg plus update and what ever other updates may be present over time which would not be very convenient. Up till now we could simply download any updates once, store those files and re install them anytime we needed to in a couple of minutes.  So my suggestion would be that the ops center has the capability to not simply update the installed product directly but to download and store any update on to the customers pc somewhere and then install it from there so that there is no need to re download the whole thing each time and when additional updates come out it simply adds to or overwrites the previously downloaded update and install it after. Is this possible?

thanks

nick caldwell

• Upvote 1

Guy's who are having trouble updating Their 747 and getting a message saying it cannot find files associated with c++ make sure you install BOTH x64 & x86 then the update will work regardless of operating system you are using x64 x86

here is the link to download & install  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Regards

Sean Naylor

Hello

I can understand the idea behind this new updating system via the ops center however it raises a couple of questions for me.

1. Would be really useful to get a clear indication of the file size thats going to be downloaded  before commencing the updating process as for those of us who have average internet speed connections 700 plus meg can take many hours so knowing the size might affect when we choose to update etc etc.

2. If for any reason we may need to reinstal the whole product again it would seem that we will need to go through the whole updating process again including re downloading the 700 meg plus update and what ever other updates may be present over time which would not be very convenient. Up till now we could simply download any updates once, store those files and re install them anytime we needed to in a couple of minutes.  So my suggestion would be that the ops center has the capability to not simply update the installed product directly but to download and store any update on to the customers pc somewhere and then install it from there so that there is no need to re download the whole thing each time and when additional updates come out it simply adds to or overwrites the previously downloaded update and install it after. Is this possible?

I agree with you unless we can download the latest version from our account.

I have the feeling that with all this "cloud things" I never own what I pay. It happens with software, music, pictures... 

What if someday internet is not accesible for everyone?

Downloading the updated installer from our accounts would still not get round the issue of having to make an additional huge download which would be much bigger as it would be a complete base package everytime there was an update on top of downloading the update via the ops center.

nick caldwell