Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Two Issues With PF3

I am not sure if this is causing an issue, but I updated to PF3 3.3.0, I have been having issues setting up the new Auto mute. What I have found is that the latest update, well in my case has put a new PF3 folder with the new update INSIDE the old install folder of PF3.

It might be a case of MCE is looking at the wrong set of PF3 files, I have posted this in the PF3 forum. It might be worth others seeing if they have the same folder structure issues.

Rob

Hi Rob,

think something went with wrong with your update. 'Cause i have updated as well but no PF3 in the old PF3 folder.

Best regards John

John Cramer

On ‎04‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 2:11 PM, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

Well, I did not manage to make a single flight without MCE freezing/crashing (V2.7.0.6) + PF3 last version.

Everytime before MCE does freeze, the copilot asks me to confirm a command (any), which I do by answering yes or by repeating the command then MCE crash !

My config is in my signature and of course all programs run like administrator + Uac deactivated (W7) from the day one !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

I recognize exactly the same. After asking to confirm it's required to restart because of MCE freeze. Same version using during a Level-D B767 flight with PF3.

1 hour ago, StefanA said:

I recognize exactly the same. After asking to confirm it's required to restart because of MCE freeze. Same version using during a Level-D B767 flight with PF3.

I guess and hope these glitches + other stuff will be fixed in the next update...

Regards,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I have switched again to flying small planes, which means I am handling ATC myself, and the freezes are back. By the way also with FSX' built-in ATC, not only with PF3.

This is what happens: I make a transmission, but ATC never gets it. I want to repeat it, but I notice there is no background noise. Up until now, the MCE GUI is still responsive, but if I either wait a bit, or toggle one of MCE's functions on/off, the title bar suddenly says "Waiting for..." and the GUI freezes up.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

3 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I have switched again to flying small planes, which means I am handling ATC myself, and the freezes are back. By the way also with FSX' built-in ATC, not only with PF3.

This is what happens: I make a transmission, but ATC never gets it. I want to repeat it, but I notice there is no background noise. Up until now, the MCE GUI is still responsive, but if I either wait a bit, or toggle one of MCE's functions on/off, the title bar suddenly says "Waiting for..." and the GUI freezes up.

Check nothing is taking focus out of the FSX/P3D window.

For instance, to hear the continuous radio transmission noise, FSX window must be active (the sound is played by fsInsider.dll in-sim).

And obviously, key combination (intended for ATC) wouldn't reach FSX window for same reason.

Okay, will check. Clicking into the FSX window (I fly full screen) to focus should suffice, right?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

18 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Okay, will check. Clicking into the FSX window (I fly full screen) to focus should suffice, right?

Affirmative.

As a matter of fact, a new interim package has been uploaded today.

Grab latest package here

On ‎16‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 9:48 PM, FS++ said:

Affirmative.

As a matter of fact, a new interim package has been uploaded today.

Grab latest package here

Hello, I'm sorry but it didn't really help with version 2.7.10.

Only one misunderstanding and the FO isn't working any longer. For example

"Set heading 250" was recognized as "Set heading 550" with request to confirm. Correcting by repeating "Set heading 250" will be displayed as "Set heading 250" but no additional actions will be taken. The heading selector isn't changed and there's a complete freeze. Only the instructions are still confirmed by text response.

Hope this helps. Just try to give a command like "Set heading 550" to check what happens in the code of MCE.

EDIT: Additional remark: Can reproduce it by saying "Set heading 550".

Regards,
Stefan

8 hours ago, StefanA said:

Hello, I'm sorry but it didn't really help with version 2.7.10.

Only one misunderstanding and the FO isn't working any longer. For example

"Set heading 250" was recognized as "Set heading 550" with request to confirm. Correcting by repeating "Set heading 250" will be displayed as "Set heading 250" but no additional actions will be taken. The heading selector isn't changed and there's a complete freeze. Only the instructions are still confirmed by text response.

Hope this helps. Just try to give a command like "Set heading 550" to check what happens in the code of MCE.

EDIT: Additional remark: Can reproduce it by saying "Set heading 550".

Regards,
Stefan

When Fo asks for confirmation, don't repeat the command. Just speak the corrected value.

You: "Set heading 250". Let's say speech engine picked up 550 by mistake.

Co-pilot: "Please confirm heading" (o whatever)

You: "two five zero" (he knows you're referring to heading in this case. Same applies to altitude, speed, VS..

It's even possible to correct on the fly. Say you asked for heading 250 when you really meant 150. 

No need to wait until he dials the wrong one and then ask him to duial again.

While he's still dialing the wrong figure, say...

"correction 150"

"My mistake 150"

...and he should dial the correct one.

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

When Fo asks for confirmation, don't repeat the command. Just speak the corrected value.

You: "Set heading 250". Let's say speech engine picked up 550 by mistake.

Co-pilot: "Please confirm heading" (o whatever)

You: "two five zero" (he knows you're referring to heading in this case. Same applies to altitude, speed, VS..

It's even possible to correct on the fly. Say you asked for heading 250 when you really meant 150. 

No need to wait until he dials the wrong one and then ask him to duial again.

While he's still dialing the wrong figure, say...

"correction 150"

"My mistake 150"

...and he should dial the correct one.

Repeating only the numbers didn't help.
I was successful with this:
"Disregard"
"Set heading 250"

EDIT:
your described solution works too (only the corrected value "250"). Second attempt was successful.
/EDIT

Thanks, seems to work without freeze now. Unfortunately I've a lot of trouble together with keyboard conflicts and PF3 for example. Will start a new topic for that.

Regards,
Stefan