Recommended Posts

Hi everybody,

I have two issues using MCE with PF3; one minor and one major.

Minor: After take-off, tower hands me off to departure. I read back, switch frequencies - and departure immediately acknowledges, without me saying a thing. MCE must be pressing a key too many here.

 

Major: After a few minutes flight, MCE stops reacting to the PTT button, both joystick and "Del" key. When that happens, I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode to check MCE. Sometimes the program is responsive, sometimes it isn't. I kill and restart it and everything is back to normal, but only for a while. Is there a setting I can change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hi everybody,

I have two issues using MCE with PF3; one minor and one major.

Minor: After take-off, tower hands me off to departure. I read back, switch frequencies - and departure immediately acknowledges, without me saying a thing. MCE must be pressing a key too many here.

 

Major: After a few minutes flight, MCE stops reacting to the PTT button, both joystick and "Del" key. When that happens, I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode to check MCE. Sometimes the program is responsive, sometimes it isn't. I kill and restart it and everything is back to normal, but only for a while. Is there a setting I can change?

Hi

Re the Minor problem you have;

I have not used MCE for a while ( lost my quiet sim room (house fire!), so cannot use voice recognition in the noisy place I now live in). So for the time being I am using PF3 with standard reply keys only.

I have noticed when switching frequency to departure, that departure immediately replies before I have a chance to press the "0" key to check in. So I think this may actually be a PF3 issue, not a case of MCE sending a key too many times.

Rob

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob,

 

sorry to hear about your house. Thanks for the lead, I will give that a try!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 8:44 PM, d.tsakiris said:

Hi everybody,

I have two issues using MCE with PF3; one minor and one major.

Minor: After take-off, tower hands me off to departure. I read back, switch frequencies - and departure immediately acknowledges, without me saying a thing. MCE must be pressing a key too many here.

 

Major: After a few minutes flight, MCE stops reacting to the PTT button, both joystick and "Del" key. When that happens, I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode to check MCE. Sometimes the program is responsive, sometimes it isn't. I kill and restart it and everything is back to normal, but only for a while. Is there a setting I can change?

Suggest you update to latest released today and we'll take it from there. There is a slightly better PTT functionality in this one.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

This package also adds supports for PMDG B747 QOTS II

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've only absolved one flight with the new version, but I didn't have any MCE freeze-ups! Hoping it will stay that way! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the problems are back. :(

 

After take-off, when tower handed me off to departure, I acknowledged it with PF3's hotkey instead of talking through MCE, and when I dialed in the frequency, there was no "automatic" contact, I had to do it myself.

 

Later MCE froze on me again: At first, I noticed the background sound when pressing the PTT was gone. MCE at first continued to be responsive, but after a little while, maybe 20 - 30 seconds, it froze. Had to kill and re-start it.

 

Anything I can do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2017 at 6:13 PM, d.tsakiris said:

So, the problems are back. :(

 

After take-off, when tower handed me off to departure, I acknowledged it with PF3's hotkey instead of talking through MCE, and when I dialed in the frequency, there was no "automatic" contact, I had to do it myself.

 

Later MCE froze on me again: At first, I noticed the background sound when pressing the PTT was gone. MCE at first continued to be responsive, but after a little while, maybe 20 - 30 seconds, it froze. Had to kill and re-start it.

 

Anything I can do?

Should see some improvement with latest uploaded package(V2.7.06). Definitely more reliable PTT functionality.

Download MCE here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Roger, will give it a spin and report back!

I'd be interested in your result. 

I don't have PF3 but may splash out in the future?

As for MCE 2.7.06, I must report that I can now PTT, with Radar Contact v4, in the middle of a MCE flow being executed by the first officer! This previously caused RC4 to stop working. I always had to wait for the flow to finish before using PTT. Given the nagging RC4 does, I inevitably got the irritating comment "Sir if you need any special help we can meet you at the gate....."! 

This superb update now makes RC4 more realistic from the PTT point of view. Your FO working away on a flow whilst you (Captain) deal with ATC!

Nice work!:-)

Regards

David

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a little testing yesterday evening, and MCE froze on me again, this time almost immediately after start-up... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a sim crash and then my MCE wouldn't work correctly, I did a MCE system reset and now I have had two occasions in one flight of MCE freezing.

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Well, I did not manage to make a single flight without MCE freezing/crashing (V2.7.0.6) + PF3 last version.

Everytime before MCE does freeze, the copilot asks me to confirm a command (any), which I do by answering yes or by repeating the command then MCE crash !

My config is in my signature and of course all programs run like administrator + Uac deactivated (W7) from the day one !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have the feeling MCE freezes after voice inputs (in my case to ATC = PF3, as I've been flying smaller aircraft lately). It's as if MCE can't process it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Thought i was the only 1.

Made 1 flight, had to restart MCE,  6 times.

Given commands were seen in red lines but not executed. (single commands as well flows.).

PF3, fsx

 

Best regards John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if this is causing an issue, but I updated to PF3 3.3.0, I have been having issues setting up the new Auto mute. What I have found is that the latest update, well in my case has put a new PF3 folder with the new update INSIDE the old install folder of PF3.

It might be a case of MCE is looking at the wrong set of PF3 files, I have posted this in the PF3 forum. It might be worth others seeing if they have the same folder structure issues.

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob,

think something went with wrong with your update. 'Cause i have updated as well but no PF3 in the old PF3 folder.

 

Best regards John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 2:11 PM, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

Well, I did not manage to make a single flight without MCE freezing/crashing (V2.7.0.6) + PF3 last version.

Everytime before MCE does freeze, the copilot asks me to confirm a command (any), which I do by answering yes or by repeating the command then MCE crash !

My config is in my signature and of course all programs run like administrator + Uac deactivated (W7) from the day one !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

 

I recognize exactly the same. After asking to confirm it's required to restart because of MCE freeze. Same version using during a Level-D B767 flight with PF3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StefanA said:

I recognize exactly the same. After asking to confirm it's required to restart because of MCE freeze. Same version using during a Level-D B767 flight with PF3.

I guess and hope these glitches + other stuff will be fixed in the next update...

Regards,

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have switched again to flying small planes, which means I am handling ATC myself, and the freezes are back. By the way also with FSX' built-in ATC, not only with PF3.

 

This is what happens: I make a transmission, but ATC never gets it. I want to repeat it, but I notice there is no background noise. Up until now, the MCE GUI is still responsive, but if I either wait a bit, or toggle one of MCE's functions on/off, the title bar suddenly says "Waiting for..." and the GUI freezes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

I have switched again to flying small planes, which means I am handling ATC myself, and the freezes are back. By the way also with FSX' built-in ATC, not only with PF3.

 

This is what happens: I make a transmission, but ATC never gets it. I want to repeat it, but I notice there is no background noise. Up until now, the MCE GUI is still responsive, but if I either wait a bit, or toggle one of MCE's functions on/off, the title bar suddenly says "Waiting for..." and the GUI freezes up.

Check nothing is taking focus out of the FSX/P3D window.

For instance, to hear the continuous radio transmission noise, FSX window must be active (the sound is played by fsInsider.dll in-sim).

And obviously, key combination (intended for ATC) wouldn't reach FSX window for same reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, will check. Clicking into the FSX window (I fly full screen) to focus should suffice, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Okay, will check. Clicking into the FSX window (I fly full screen) to focus should suffice, right?

Affirmative.

 

As a matter of fact, a new interim package has been uploaded today.

Grab latest package here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 9:48 PM, FS++ said:

Affirmative.

 

As a matter of fact, a new interim package has been uploaded today.

Grab latest package here

Hello, I'm sorry but it didn't really help with version 2.7.10.

Only one misunderstanding and the FO isn't working any longer. For example

"Set heading 250" was recognized as "Set heading 550" with request to confirm. Correcting by repeating "Set heading 250" will be displayed as "Set heading 250" but no additional actions will be taken. The heading selector isn't changed and there's a complete freeze. Only the instructions are still confirmed by text response.

Hope this helps. Just try to give a command like "Set heading 550" to check what happens in the code of MCE.

EDIT: Additional remark: Can reproduce it by saying "Set heading 550".

Regards,
Stefan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now