Sign in to follow this  
Tight Git

Digital Signature

Good morning,

Over the weekend and again today, I get a warning about the AVSim digital signature being incorrect and I've had to use the "not recommended" button to access the forum.

I have only a very basic computer knowledge, so I hope I'm doing nothing wrong!

Sorry, I don't understand your reference to "link".

I'm simply trying to access the forum.

If it's any help, I use IE11 in Win7/64.

Are you accessing avsim from a bookmark?  It's possible the reason you're seeing that error is because you're accessing an old invalid link that our system recognizes but forwards you to the right place. An example is if your bookmark references "forum.avsim.net" instead of avsim.com. 

I have a feeling he received the warning his connection was not secure and related to the new Green Lock.  In this case he needs to change his bookmarks to our site to https://www.avsim.com/.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your replies.

If, by bookmarks, you mean the entry for AVSim that I have in my favourites, then I use:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/548-the-multi-crew-experience-mce-support-forum/

to access the MCE section of the forum.

https://forum.avsim.net/forum/135-radar-contact-forum/

to access the RC4 section, or:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/434-photoreal-scenery-support-forum/

for photoreal scenery.

All of these give me the Digital Signature warning.

I have been using these for years without a problem.

For the past two days or so I couldn't access Avsim using my bookmarks. I thought Avsim was under- going maintenance.

Sorry guys, I've just realised that my bookmarks say avsim.net.

These change to avsim.com when I ignore the Digital Signature warning.

Well. I did say I was useless at computers!

OK, I've now changed my three bookmarks to the new .com address and all is well.

I gather that the problem was due to a change at your end, but I'm surprised if I 'm the only one affected.

All the best,

TG.

Glad to see you get it working again.  Apologize for the inconvenience.  We made the site secure and that changed our Internet address and didn't realize some systems would not recognize our new address.  So you were not the only one who had this issue.  In the Hangar Chat Forum we have a long discussion going on.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10