Sign in to follow this  
maxter

New Airbus A380 rollout in 4 days !!!

I can't wait :-boom .... the first flight will be in March!! :-eek

Guest tango_d

Cool indeed - I live very close to the Airbus factory near Chester, UK where they make the wings. My mate works on them - hope he fixed them good !!RgsEd

Wow that was fast... I thought it would have taken them longer to develop and deliver such a ground breaking aircraft.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest FattyBear

Smashing two decks on top of each other to create a hideous looking airplane is not exactly "ground breaking" in my opinion.

Guest ThrottleUp

Amazing aeroplane! The engineering on these things never ceases to amaze me.*Gazes into crystal ball*I think the A380 will be the last *conventional* heavy airliner. By that I mean the last "tube-with-wings" design. It will have reached its peak on the A380. I feel that the A390 & beyond will be a blended/flying wing sort of thing.:)

>Smashing two decks on top of each other to create a hideous>looking airplane is not exactly "ground breaking" in my>opinion. Well it

Cool we have a new moderator :)May very well be the wrong forum if so the mods will probably move it so no need to spill energy.

Guest bobsk8

>Smashing two decks on top of each other to create a hideous>looking airplane is not exactly "ground breaking" in my>opinion. I'm with you, I think Airbus will rank right up with the Spruce Goose as being a commercial success.

A major accomplishment in aviation, but d@mn that thing is UGLY.Looks like a B-36 with passengers. Besides. Its french. No thank you.Just my 2 cents.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Claudius

LOL, hey its not only french, we Germans did some parts and engineering too :(Well if it was all french, i also wouldnt fly it :D

>I'm with you, I think Airbus will rank right up with the>Spruce Goose as being a commercial success. I pretty sure I heard and read many comments such as those prior to and during the B747 launch... The more things change...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest A321

The A380 will take the airline world by storm, youll see. lots of carriers im sure are just waiting to see whats going on with it. Ive always loved both manufactures, but I fear that the A380, and the A350 which is directly pointed at the 7E7 which by all accounts at least on paper is every bit as good as the 7E7, and very easy for Airbus to make, as its just a rehashed for want of better words A330, will back boeing into a corner some what.Reading in the Airline press, it seems that Airbus are really going for gold when it comes to trying to sink boeing.Also here in europe a lot of the budget airlines that were boeing only *alledgey* are all turning to airbus with regards to fleet renewal, Airberlin is one of them, Easy Jet im sure will go the airbus as an official has stated that the A319 is paying for it's self very quickly. Even whilst i was in the US, Uniteds budget carrier TED is an airbus only fleet *I think*, and Ive been to the us every year since 2000 and ive seen more and more airbuses, which is a trend im seeing more and more of in europe.This is just my thoughts im not biased to either one, and im not trying to start whos a better thread, as I know some take this subject personally, But there is defenitly a sign that airbus are getting overly strong at the moment, and boeing have been delt some costly blows in the last few years by carriers switching to air bus, and airbus have been deleivering more planes latley.I dont proclaim to be an expert in this, but i am more or less just repeating what ive read.Jason

Guest A321

>WRONG FORUM>>Michael J.>And... Why post stuff like this, without any kind of thought as to writing why its the wrong forum. Who put you in charge? you might want to let the orignal poster know Why its the wrong forum, and in a less nasty manner than Bold Black writing. :-roll