Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Lufthansa.........Fleet

And just to confirm....you both are running FSX and its only happening for the Ms...the normal -400s work ok?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

And just to confirm....you both are running FSX and its only happening for the Ms...the normal -400s work ok?

That is correct. The standard -400 that you had had only seven fallbacks in the texture.cfg, so it did not experience this issue. You can't have more than seven fallbacks. If you had another fallback for some reason, it would likely have the same problem.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

9 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

That is correct. The standard -400 that you had had only seven fallbacks in the texture.cfg, so it did not experience this issue. You can't have more than seven fallbacks. If you had another fallback for some reason, it would likely have the same problem.

Thanks Kevin.

So weird that P3d doesn't seem to mind..... my file:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\Misc\Texture.LHFLEETCOMMON
fallback.2=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.vc
fallback.3=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.vccommon
fallback.4=..\texture.common400M
fallback.5=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.common400
fallback.6=..\..\PMDG 747-400\texture.common400GE
fallback.7=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.8=..\..\..\..\texture

Is working ok on my P3d laptop. :blink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

P3D is newer, so I guess that's why. I wasn't even aware FSX had this limitation until I tested this one, and I'm guessing Abdel was running P3D, which would explain why he didn't have this issue. I tried looking this up and couldn't find anything, so I guess most people just haven't had any reason to use that many fallbacks in the first place. Think this might have been the same with the aircraft.cfg entries, if there were too many, it wouldn't run....or was that an FS9 limitation. I don't remember.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

12 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

P3D is newer, so I guess that's why. I wasn't even aware FSX had this limitation until I tested this one, and I'm guessing Abdel was running P3D, which would explain why he didn't have this issue. I tried looking this up and couldn't find anything, so I guess most people just haven't had any reason to use that many fallbacks in the first place. Think this might have been the same with the aircraft.cfg entries, if there were too many, it wouldn't run....or was that an FS9 limitation. I don't remember.

That's correct, I'm using P3D.

Thanks Kevin and congrats to Steve for amazing LH textures!! Still one my favourite livery out there...

Happy flying

Alex

Steve,

Great LH repaints by the way, but on the Cargo version there are a couple of crates in the nose stencilled 'PMDG Woodpigeon Fuselage Fragile'. I know Kyle styles himself 'Pigeonworks' but what are you advertising exactly? I hadn't immediately noticed if this is on the standard 747-400 cargo model. Are you just replicating this?

Bernard Walford

35 minutes ago, walfob said:

Great LH repaints by the way, but on the Cargo version there are a couple of crates in the nose stencilled 'PMDG Woodpigeon Fuselage Fragile'. I know Kyle styles himself 'Pigeonworks' but what are you advertising exactly? I hadn't immediately noticed if this is on the standard 747-400 cargo model. Are you just replicating this?

It's standard....and I don't know if it can even be changed. I tried to change the textures for it on mine, and that appeared to do absolutely nothing.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

23 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

It's standard....and I don't know if it can even be changed. I tried to change the textures for it on mine, and that appeared to do absolutely nothing.

Any texture can be changed, you just need to find the right one.

The Pidgeonworks... dude, even I must get old already still knowing about it ;)
But do a small search in the forums here, somebody asked and got it explained.

Now the question is just where we need to delivered these parcels in order to finally get that darn thing! ;)

• Upvote 1

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

3 hours ago, Emi said:

I found the texture that looked like it would change it, but nothing happened, it still shows up as the same one.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

23 hours ago, Emi said:

After running an experiment, which involved relocating the texture.cfg and the texture file in question to another location, this was the result. It appears the texture is modeled in and can't be changed for some reason.

34_zpskfrvi1nh.png

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Hi Steve,

Your LH fleet repaint pack is awesome and I've enjoyed it so much, but one of the aircraft have a little mistake...the D-ABVA aircraft. Please, look the pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

2017-5-6_18-57-34-8102017-5-6_18-57-25-831

7 hours ago, PANAM741 said:

Hi Steve,

Your LH fleet repaint pack is awesome and I've enjoyed it so much, but one of the aircraft have a little mistake...the D-ABVA aircraft. Please, look the pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

2017-5-6_18-57-34-8102017-5-6_18-57-25-831

Just copy a pmdg_747X_fuselage2.dds file from any other LH paint and overwrite the existing one in the ABVA folder.

Yep, that seems like older fuselage2 texture found it's way in.

Steve originally made it so the grey part is same height on all fuselage (as blue would be on a BA744 I'm looking at right now), but someone pointed out it's lower in the back as it is flush with the flaps.

So he fixed it, but this paint seems to be wrong on it.