Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Textures load to 60%, then CTD. Help!

Remind me if you can what to look for to solve this. I was flying fine last night, now voila, CTD no matter what airport, aircraft, etc. Thanks in advance,Noel

Probably a missing texture.Try filemon from www.sysinternals.com, the log shows what files windoze (and thus FS) tries to load, maybe it's a way to find out what texture is missing...Andreas

Hi,Try turning ON render to texture in FS9 display settings.. you may have a DXT texture which requires RTT ON or it will always crash during texture load.Best,

I'd also try deleting your FS9.cfg and anything in the My Docs/Flight Simulator Files folder - that's cured this sort of thing for me before...

Format C: It's the only way! :-hahI'm kidding of course. So many people do this for the smallest of problems, it blows my mind.

Guest gasebah

First of all I would try to check if this is related to a certain area or flight. Try to start a flight with different airplane in a different part of the world with standard weather. Load your default flight and see if the problem is still there. It can be a lot of things but most likely a corrupt file. Can be a weather file that you load with the flight, or a texture file, or an AFCAD in the area that is not ok.Alex

Hi folks, thanks for the help. I tried rebuilding fs9.cfg and it seems to have cured the problem. I had already tried different aircraft, different airports (in the US) to no avail, but alas the .cfg rebuild did it. Much obliged to you all,Noel