Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

6 more P3Dv3 shots - default shaders

Here are six more shots showing default P3Dv3.4.9 over Orbx using my own sky and clouds and some different settings.  The sim has a lot of different appearances based on settings and weather and location.

2017-4-18_15-55-34-980.jpg

2017-4-16_16-16-0-536.jpg

2017-4-16_15-52-5-599.jpg

2017-4-18_15-24-5-342.jpg

2017-4-16_16-5-26-687.jpg

2017-4-18_15-46-1-293.jpg

Several of these shots were taken with HDR brightness at 1.32, Bloom magnitude at .53, and Saturation at 1.13 while others here were taken with brightness at 1.12 and bloom magnitude and saturation both at .98. 

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Waiting patiently for you to upload these as you said you would in the other thread :wink: Thanks for posting your HDR settings, too. You have a really good eye... the third shot especially is an almost exact replica of what I'd normally see on a bright summer day in the Midwest. How you edited the dawn/dusk skycolors, or just the daytime ones? 

Hi Hamoody -  Thanks.  I'm actually patiently waiting too.  I uploaded them yesterday but Im still "awaiting approval".

If I can't put them where I want to then I will have to figure something else out.

Note that I only changed daytime textures here.  I have worked with sunsets/sunrises in the past but its been a very long time and Ive learned quite a bit since then.  LM kept changing their lighting and I gave up following them. 

I'll let you know as soon as my recent work is available.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

On 19/04/2017 at 7:36 AM, sightseer said:

......using my own sky and clouds and some different settings.

Those clouds are very good.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Wow great shot, you did find the correct balance of light and shadows.

OK, so it appears my work has been approved over at the first site I uploaded to:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/6098-sightseer-skies-clouds-for-p3d/

Its been placed under 'utilities'.  I uploaded the files to the avsim library as well and they might be available here someday but in the meantime just click the link above.

Note: all the shots here were with the second sky.  I only included the first sky for people who didn't like so much contrast.

Its important to note that bloom adjusts brightness and saturation dynamically and can/will shift hues of sky and clouds if its set too high in relation to brightness and saturation.  I included several sets of settings in an effort to point out the pattern that seems to work (using a default install of P3D3.4.9.18400) and that is that as you raise bloom, you should lower brightness and saturation and vice versa.  weather, location and time of day will all influence the settings needed.

also - I fly with OPUSFSI with default visibility set to 50 miles.

I hope you enjoy my work.