Hello,

Just started using MCE again to connect to PF3.

I have figured most issue out, but cannot receive takeoff clearance from tower. When I make the request I often have the change runway window pop up, and when I have the FO do it we just get taxi to the runway we are already sitting at.

What are the words I need to use that trigger hotkey 6 please? for takeoff clearance.

I have used ready for departure, ready to go, ready for takeoff, request departure, request takeoff, request clearance, and a few more. I am using P3Dv4 if this helps.

Thanks.

Hello,

ready to copy takeoff clearance or request takeoff clearance.

Best regards

John Cramer

Hi Gerald,

FYI, PF3 had an update a couple of days ago and now the MCE copilot is not giving the proper frequencies when requested (i.e. ground, tower, clearance delivery). Here is one of the new changes in PF3 ver 3.17.0 that might be applicable to the problem.

"CHANGED the location where the PF3_Freqs.dat file is created. This used to be in a folder named PF3_Display which was created inside the main FS folder. However, since the PF3 Display utility no longer requires WideFS when running on a client machine this file is no longer accessed directly. Subsequently, we now create this file in the main PF3\Data folder."

Tony J

Hello Gerald,

MCE is no longer able to communicate with PF3 if I advise the FO to do so. I can hear the FO speaking but PF3 is not reacting. If I answer myself, PF3 is reacting correctly. This is with the latest v 3.7.8.

Detlef Fenske

3 hours ago, delfin8896 said:

Hello Gerald,

MCE is no longer able to communicate with PF3 if I advise the FO to do so. I can hear the FO speaking but PF3 is not reacting. If I answer myself, PF3 is reacting correctly. This is with the latest v 3.7.8.

You need to enable the MCE-PF3 interfacing. It's done via the "PF3_MCE.ini" file present in PF3 installation folder.

Set "Active=1".

After that PF3 will generate a "Clearance.log" in its \Logs\ folder which MCE uses to give the FO awareness so he can know when a reply is due etc..

Although rare, some call-signs might confuse the FO.

For instance, when he gets aware a new ATC message has been logged, anything that starts with your call-sign will be listened and reacted to. Other messages are ignored.

Can't recall, there is an option in PF3 where the call-sign might be preceded with some prefix. Don't use that option.

I have already done so, but sometimes it works, sometimes not.GA Callsign is "Pilatus TLE", if that helps.

Detlef Fenske

I have now gone into more detail and discovered that MCE sometimes does not pass the commands to PFE. The FSUIPC console window was open and I could see that sometimes these hotkey commands were simply not being registered by FSUIPC. In addition, the Caps Lock button for muting no longer works.

Detlef Fenske

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, delfin8896 said:

I have now gone into more detail and discovered that MCE sometimes does not pass the commands to PFE. The FSUIPC console window was open and I could see that sometimes these hotkey commands were simply not being registered by FSUIPC. In addition, the Caps Lock button for muting no longer works.

If MCE interface was edited recently, one can never rule out the possibility something having been been broken in the process.

It hasn't been touched for at least a year.

Since it's working when you transmit yourself, the same process is used to send the Hotkeys when the Fo transmits.

When it comes to Hotkeys, keep in mind, they only work when the flight simulator window has the keyboard focus.

If you installed a new add-on recently, make sure it's not periodically setting the focus on itself.

Edit: There is also the possibility some other addon that uses FSUIPC and relies on Hotkeys, has already registered those keys with FSUIPC making them unavailable for PF3.

Edited by FS++