Zimmerbz

Strange Issue in P3d

I've been having an issue lately in P3D. There are so many helpful people in here I figured to check to see if anyone has had this problem or any recommendations.  Lately, every time I start P3D and load my aircraft, in the background, my Explorer keeps opening new windows VERY quickly and I am not able to hit ALT and get my menu options.  It will flash and then disappear.  I can still manage to fly but it is rather annoying.  The IE windows just keep opening new tabs and the only way to stop it is to hit X a bunch and close them out.  However, eventually it will start happening again once I try to open different applications such as a Pilotedge client or Vatsim.  Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This smells a lot like some kind of malware. Have you scanned your computer lately?

13 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

This smells a lot like some kind of malware. Have you scanned your computer lately?

Agreed.

My friend, who also uses P3D like myself, had this exact some problem a few months ago which started after he downloaded some software (unfortunately he couldn't remember exactly what he downloaded that caused the problem.)

It was almost certainly malware and after spending a ½ day trying to get rid of it we had to resort to restoring a system image which fortunately he had done only a few days before the problem started occurring.

This only seemed to occur in IE (Microsoft Edge to be exact) and could have switched to Chrome but then had problems making that the default browser.

He was running virus protection at the time and we also did scans but they didn’t pick it up.

Hopefully this is not what you have as it was very nasty and also caused concerns on what else may have been compromised.